Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, September 10th:
Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
• The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 11,669.
• 1 of these 11,669 samples, which is 0.009%, was a new positive.
• There were 0 positives among players and there was 1 positive among staff members.
• Among players, there have been no new positives for 12 consecutive days and in 20 of the last 21 days.
• The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 115,337.
• 86 of these 115,337 samples, which is 0.07%, have been new positives.
• 55 of the 86 positives have been players and 31 have been staff members.
• 21 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.