Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, September 24th:
Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
- The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 13,279.
- 2 of these 13,279 samples, which is 0.02%, were new positives.
- There were 0 new positives among Major League players in the past week.
- Among Major League players, there have now been no new positives for 26 consecutive days and in 34 of the last 35 days.
- The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 140,997.
- 90 of these 140,997 samples, which is 0.06%, have been new positives.
- 57 of the 90 positives have been players and 33 have been staff members.
- 21 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.