Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced Friday the COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, July 9th:
COMPLETED INTAKE SCREENING
• The total number of positive tests was 66, which was 1.8% of the 3,748 total samples tested.
• 58 of these 66 positives were players and 8 were staff members.
• 27 different Clubs had a Covered Individual test positive in Intake Screening.
With the Intake Screening process complete, Covered Individuals have now moved on to Monitoring Testing, which will test Tier 1 individuals every other day and Tier 2 individuals multiple times per week. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
• The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 7,401.
• 17 of these 7,401 samples, which is 0.2%, have been new positives.
• 13 of the 17 positives have been players and 4 have been staff members.
• 10 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.
COMBINED INTAKE AND MONITORING TESTING
Combining the totals of Intake Screening and Monitoring Testing, the results are as follows:
• The total number of positive tests is 83, which is 0.7% of the 11,149 samples since the beginning of Intake Screening on June 27th.
• Among the 83 positives, 71 have been players and 12 have been staff members.
• 28 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive in Intake Screening or during Monitoring Testing.