Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, August 6th:
Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
• The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 13,043.
• 13 of these 13,043 samples, which is 0.1%, have been new positives.
• 7 positives were players and 6 were staff members.
• 4 of the last 7 days had no new positives.
• The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 53,826.
• 71 of these 53,826 samples, which is 0.1%, have been new positives.
• 49 of the 71 positives have been players and 22 have been staff members.
• 19 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.
ALL TESTING TO DATE
Combining the totals of previously completed Intake Screening and ongoing Monitoring Testing, the results are as follows:
• The total number of new positive tests is 141, which is 0.2% of the 57,578 samples since the beginning of Intake Screening on June 27th.
• Among the 141 positives, 111 have been players and 30 have been staff members.
• 28 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive in Intake Screening or during Monitoring Testing.