The upcoming homestand has a patriotic flair, with the second Military Branch Day of the 2017 season, honoring the U.S. Army, and a celebration of Flag Day with a Patriotic Tank Top giveaway. The 13th annual Night OUT event, one of the largest LGBT nights in professional sports, will be held at Nationals Park on Tuesday. In addition, the third and final bobblehead giveaway of the season, featuring RHP Tanner Roark, will be distributed before Friday's game.
THURSDAY, JUNE 8
· Beltway Series Presented by INOVA: The postponed May 11 game against the Baltimore Orioles has been rescheduled to begin at 7:05 p.m. on Thursday, June 8. More information can be found at nationals.com/Rain.
· Team Store Special: To celebrate the final game of this season's Beltway Series on Thursday, the Main Team Store will be selling special edition Beltway Series T-shirts, while supplies last.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: DJ Stylus Chris will perform at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 5:00 p.m.
FRIDAY, JUNE 9
· Tanner Roark Bobblehead Presented by PNC Bank: The first 25,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Tanner Roark bobblehead presented by PNC Bank.
· Anthony's Academy All-Stars: Nationals 3B Anthony Rendon will host a group of scholar-athletes from the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy - where Anthony sits on the Board of Directors - at Nationals Park to learn about the opportunities that exist in baseball both on and off of the field. As part of this season-long program, the group will enjoy a private meet-and-greet with Anthony, a behind-the-scenes tour of a Nationals Front Office department, special batting practice viewing, tickets to the game and NatsBucks. For more information on the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy, visit nationalsacademy.org.
· Team Store Special: The Main Team Store will offer pins featuring 2B Daniel Murphy as June's "Pin of the Month," while supplies last.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: Hand Painted Swinger will perform at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 5:00 p.m.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a special $30 corner ticket offer for any regular July home game. This promotion will run throughout the entire homestand.
SATURDAY, JUNE 10
· Dream Gala 2017: The Washington Nationals and the Nationals Dream Foundation will celebrate the "Power of Baseball" both on and off of the field at the 12th annual Dream Gala, emceed by ESPN's Lindsay Czarniak, on Saturday, June 10 at the Marriott Marquis Washington, DC. Guests will have the opportunity to mingle with Nationals players and coaches at the event, which serves as the primary fundraiser for the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation. To date, the Dream Gala has netted more the $4.7 million in support of initiatives focused on academics, the arts, nutrition and sports for children and teens in the Washington, D.C. region.
· Pups in the Park #3 Presented by Budweiser: On Saturday, Nationals fans and their canine friends can enjoy the third Pups in the Park of the 2017 season presented by Budweiser. Fans and their pups will enjoy the designated Pup Zone in the Family Picnic Area, featuring pet sitters and representatives from the Humane Rescue Alliance and Fetch! Pet Care. All proceeds from dog tickets benefit the Humane Rescue Alliance. Visitnationals.com/Pups to purchase tickets and for additional information.
· Girl Scout Day: Girl Scouts Associations, Service Units, Troops and Families and other groups from across the region are invited to Nationals Park for the season's second Scout Day celebrating the Girl Scouts. All Girl Scouts who purchase Scout Day tickets will receive a limited edition Nationals Girl Scout Patch and a discounted game ticket, while supplies last. For more information and tickets, visit nationals.com/GirlScouts.
· Budweiser Terrace Entertainment: Karaoke Night, featuring DJ Stylus Chris and JCC International Talent Agency, LLC., will take place at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 10:00 a.m.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a half-price Nats Dog after the fifth inning.
SUNDAY, JUNE 11
· MLB Pitch, Hit and Run Competition: Before the game on Sunday, the Nationals will host the Team Championship round of MLB's Pitch, Hit and Run program. PHR provides children ages 7 through 14 the opportunity to showcase their baseball talents in a free nationwide skills competition. The winners will be recognized during pregame ceremonies and will have the opportunity to compete at the national competition at the 2017 MLB All-Star Game in Miami. This event is not open to the public.
· Kids Run the Bases: All kids ages 4 through 12 will have the opportunity to run the bases after Sunday home games, weather permitting. Jr. Nationals MVP members will have access to an exclusive line that will go onto the field first. For more information on the Jr. Nationals Kids Club, visitnationals.com/JrNats.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a free collectible President Pin with any purchase at the Main Team Store.
MONDAY, JUNE 12
· Military Branch Days: U.S. Army Day, the second of the 2017 Military Branch Days, honors and celebrates the U.S. Army. Representatives from the U.S. Army will participate in the pregame ceremony and be special guests of the Nationals for the Salute to Service. Highlights will include:
o U.S. Army Drill Team will perform in center field as part of the pregame ceremony
o U.S. Army Swamp Romp will perform at the Budweiser Terrace starting at 5 p.m.
o U.S. Army Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps will dress in World War I uniforms and present our nation's colors
o The United States Army Chorus, of The United States Army Band, will perform the National Anthem
o Soldiers from the 1st and the 4th Battalions of the 3rd Infantry Regiment will line the field for the National Anthem performance
o Ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by The Honorable Robert M. Speer, Acting Secretary of the Army
o Lieutenant General Aundre F. Piggee, Deputy Chief of Staff, G4 (Army Logistics) will deliver the lineup card
o General Mark A. Milley, Chief of Staff of the Army, will deliver the game ball to the starting pitcher
o Major General Timothy M. McKeithen, Deputy Director of the Army National Guard and the children of U.S. Army members will participate in the starting line-up tunnel
o Play Ball announcement made by SMA Daniel Daily, Sergeant Major of the Army
· Team Store Special: On Monday and Wednesday, $1 from each Curly W camo lapel pin sold in the Main Team Store will be donated back to Paralyzed Veterans of America.
· $1 Ice Cream Presented by Good Humor: Fans can purchase select ice cream novelties for just $1 at all Nats Dog stands until the start of the sixth inning or while supplies last. Some restrictions apply.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive a half-price pizza slice with the purchase of a regularly priced slice from any concession stand throughout the ballpark.
TUESDAY, JUNE 13
· 13th Annual Night OUT with the Nationals: The Nationals will join Team DC in hosting the annual Night OUT event, one of the largest LGBT nights in professional sports. A portion of the proceeds from Night OUT ticket sales will benefit Team DC's scholarship fund. Several members of the LGBT community will take part in pregame ceremonies. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit nationals.com/NightOut.
· Harper's Heroes: In partnership with the Nationals and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Harper's Heroes is an ongoing program that treats families affected by childhood cancers to a fun-filled day at Nationals Park.RF Bryce Harper will host families from the Harper's Heroes program before the Nationals take the field against the Braves. The VIP experience includes a private meet-and-greet with Bryce as well as a special batting practice viewing, T-shirts, tickets to the game and NatsBucks.
· Team Store Special: An expanded selection of Pride merchandise will be available at the Main Team Store.
· Ballpark App Special Offer: By using the app to check in, fans will receive $5 off any purchase of $20 or more at the Devils Backbone Lodge.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 14
· Flag Day: The Nationals will celebrate Flag Day with a red, white and blue giveaway and a patriotic celebration throughout the ballpark. Highlights will include:
o Patriotic Tank Top Presented by Budweiser: The first 15,000 fans ages 21 and up to enter Nationals Park through ALL GATES will receive a Patriotic Tank Top presented by Budweiser.
o DJ Stylus Chris will perform at the Budweiser Terrace, which will also host giant Jenga, corn hole and other backyard games for fans to play, along with prizing for the best dressed fans and winners of the corn hole tournament.
o A themed photo booth by the Main Team Store windows, where fans can wear their Patriotic Tank Tops and post their picture on social media using the Nationals official hashtag for the day (#OnePursuit).
o There will be an Americana Backyard BBQ menu at concession stands throughout the ballpark.
CURLY W LIVE
Want to see more photos, videos and fun features about your favorite Nationals players? Want to learn more about what is happening at Nationals Park and what the team is doing in the community? Nationals fans are encouraged to check out Curly W Live, the official blog of the Washington Nationals, by visitingcurlyw.mlblogs.com. Be sure to create a Medium account and follow Curly W Live in order to receive notifications when new content is published!
2017 MLB ALL-STAR GAME VOTING
The 2017 Esurance MLB All-Star Game ballot is now live. Nationals fans can cast their votes by visiting nationals.com/Vote. You can also receive the 2017 Esurance MLB All-Star Game ballot by texting VOTE or VOTA to 89269.Remember: vote today, vote tomorrow, vote Nats!
GETTING TO THE BALLPARK
Parking options for Nationals fans start at $20 and are available online atnationals.com/Parking. Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance to ensure a space in their desired zone.
Fans can also get a ride to and from the ballpark at the tap of a button using Uber, the official ride-share partner of the Washington Nationals. New users can get their first ride free (up to $15) with the promo code NATIONALS17 by signing up at http://get.uber.com/new-signup/nationals17. When exiting the ballpark, fans are encouraged to head to one of Uber's suggested pickup locations shown atnationals.mlb.com/promo/map:
o N St. SE and New Jersey Ave. SE
o L St. SE between First St. SE and New Jersey Ave. SE
o M St. SW and Half St. SW
Please note that Metro SafeTrack is in effect. Fans should consider alternate forms of travel to and from the ballpark, including the D.C. Circulator from Union Station, biking to the ballpark or the baseball boat from Old Town Alexandria. Visit nationals.com/WayToGo for information on parking and transportation options to Nationals Park. To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC athttp://hsema.dc.gov/page/alertdc.
Fans traveling to the ballpark should be aware that there are construction projects underway in the surrounding area. To ensure safe crossings, please be mindful of signage and directions given by public safety officers.
Nationals Park is a completely non-smoking and tobacco-free facility per District of Columbia law. There is no exception for electronic cigarettes or any other type of smoking device, or for smokeless tobacco or any other type of tobacco product. Guests wishing to smoke or use tobacco products must go to the designated smoking area at the First Base Gate. Guests wishing to exit Nationals Park to smoke or use tobacco products must present a valid ticket and receive a wristband before exiting Nationals Park. Guests wishing to reenter Nationals Park must return through the metal detectors with a valid ticket and assigned wristband.
MLB and the Nationals require that all people entering Nationals Park walk through a metal detector or be screened with handheld metal detectors to search for prohibited items. This includes a thorough inspection of all jackets, coats, packages, bags, backpacks, purses and any other containers brought to any of the Nationals Park entry gates.