Here's MLB Pipeline's roundup of the top prospect performances in the Minor Leagues on Saturday.
:: Complete prospect coverage ::
The No. 3 overall prospect in baseball had a big day at the plate, as Eloy Jimenez turned in a 4-for-4 performance with two doubles in Double-A Birmingham's 7-2 loss to Montgomery. Jimenez, the No. 1 prospect in a loaded White Sox farm system, is hitting .322/.352/.593 with seven home runs in 29 games this season.
Here are the top prospect performances from the rest of Saturday's Minor League action:
• No. 17 overall prospect Alex Reyes (Cardinals' No. 1) made his third Minor League rehab start as he continues his road back from Tommy John surgery. The 23-year-old right-hander struck out 13 batters over 7 2/3 scoreless innings in Double-A Springfield's 1-0 victory over Northwest Arkansas. Reyes surrendered only one hit and walked three batters.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Reyes' 13th strikeout - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2062655883
• The No. 47 overall prospect and Braves' No. 5, Ian Anderson tossed 5 2/3 strong innings for Class A Advanced Florida in a scoreless game against Clearwater that was suspended in the sixth inning due to inclement weather. The 20-year-old right-hander gave up two hits, walked three and struck out seven, lowering his season ERA to 3.19 in eight starts.
• Braves' No. 18 prospect Drew Waters drove in three of Class A Rome's six runs in a 6-2 victory over Ashville, going 2-for-4 with a double and a homer, raising his season average to .244. The homer was the 19-year-old center fielder's fourth in 32 games this season.
• Jasrado Chisholm (D-backs' No. 3 prospect) belted two homers and drove in four runs during Class A Kane County's 8-4 win over Peoria. The 20-year-old shortstop had entered the game in a 4-for-33 slump. He's hitting .275/.347/.560 with six homers in 27 games.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Chisholm knocks second homer - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2063414783
• Taylor Widener (D-backs' No. 4 prospect) was dominant in Double-A Jackson's 4-1 victory over Pensacola, striking out 11 over seven innings in which he allowed a run on four hits. The performance brought his ERA for the season down to 2.86 in nine starts at the Double-A level.
• Oscar Mercado (Cardinals' No. 10 prospect) went 4-for-5 with a double and an RBI in Triple-A Memphis' 11-4 win over Colorado Springs. The 23-year-old center fielder is six for his last nine, raising his season average from .277 to .304 in the process. He has an .821 OPS with five homers and 10 steals in 37 games this season.
• Cory Abbott (Cubs' No. 28 prospect) turned in six scoreless innings with 11 strikeouts during Class A South Bend's 5-4, 10-inning loss to Fort Wayne. The 22-year-old right-hander walked two and yielded two hits, lowering his ERA to 2.72 over seven starts in his second professional season.
• Dennis Santana (Dodgers' No. 10 prospect) made his Triple-A debut Saturday in Oklahoma City's 4-2 victory over Nashville, and was dominant over six scoreless frames that included 11 strikeouts. The right-hander didn't walk a batter and allowed only three hits. In eight starts this season at Double-A Tulsa, the 22-year-old posted a 2.56 ERA.
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Santana gets strikeout No. 11 - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2063025783
MILB Video - Title: Watch: Williams clubs solo homer - Url: http://www.milb.com/r/video?content_id=2062632283