For the third season in a row, Yankees star outfielder Aaron Judge reigns as the most popular jersey in the game, Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association announced on Friday. Judge topped fan favorites like Bryce Harper, Cody Bellinger, Javier Báez and Christian Yelich, who rounded out the
For the third season in a row, Yankees star outfielder Aaron Judge reigns as the most popular jersey in the game, Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association announced on Friday. Judge topped fan favorites like Bryce Harper, Cody Bellinger, Javier Báez and Christian Yelich, who rounded out the top five.
A trio of National League MVP contenders made the biggest jumps on the list in 2019. Yelich, the 2018 NL MVP, was unranked during his MVP season, but he jumped to No. 5 on this year's list. Bellinger went from No. 15 on last year's list to No. 3, and Braves superstar Ronald Acuña Jr. rose from No. 20 in 2018 to No. 6 in '19.
• Shop for jerseys on MLBShop.com
On the American League side, Astros MVP hopeful Alex Bregman made his first appearance on the list, checking in at No. 13. He came in just behind perennial MVP candidate Mike Trout, who ranked ninth this year. It's the first time since MLB player jersey rankings have been released that the nine most popular players are all under the age of 30.
Nine different clubs are represented in the top 10 most popular player jerseys, while the top 20 overall includes 10 infielders, seven outfielders, two pitchers and one catcher.
Most popular MLB player jerseys of 2019
Based on sales from MLBShop.com of Majestic jerseys since the start of the 2019 season
- Aaron Judge, New York Yankees
- Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Phillies
- Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
- Christian Yelich, Milwaukee Brewers
- Ronald Acuña Jr., Atlanta Braves
- Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox
- José Altuve, Houston Astros
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
- Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
- Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Alex Bregman, Houston Astros
- Pete Alonso, New York Mets
- Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
- Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
- Francisco Lindor, Cleveland Indians
- Paul Goldschmidt, St. Louis Cardinals
- Jacob deGrom, New York Mets
- George Springer, Houston Astros
Russell Dorsey is a reporter/editor for MLB.com based in Chicago. Follow him on Twitter @Russ_Dorsey1.