The Cleveland Indians today announced the club’s 2021 schedule, their 121st as a charter member of the American League, and the 27th year of calling Progressive Field home. Fans with impacted 2020 games have the option to use their credit toward 2021 games.
The Indians 2021 season opens on the road against the Detroit Tigers on April 1. Following a three-game series in Motown, the Tribe returns to Cleveland for their home opener on Monday, April 5 against the Kansas City Royals. The home opener is part of a five-game homestand against Kansas City (April 5 & 7) and Detroit (April 9-11).
The Tribe will be home for the July 4, 2021 holiday for the first time since 2017 when it takes on the Houston Astros.
The 2021 schedule will feature eight summer weekends at Progressive Field from Memorial Day weekend to the end of August:
- May 28-31 vs. Toronto Blue Jays & Chicago White Sox
- June 11-13 vs. Seattle Mariners
- July 1-4 vs. Houston Astros
- July 8-11 vs. Kansas City Royals
- July 22-25 vs. Tampa Bay Rays
- Aug. 6-8 vs. Detroit Tigers
- Aug. 20-22 vs. Los Angeles Angels
- Aug. 27-29 vs. Boston Red Sox
Home Interleague opponents in 2021 include the Cincinnati Reds (May 7-9), Chicago Cubs (May 11-12), St. Louis Cardinals (July 27-28) and Milwaukee Brewers (Sept. 10-12).
Other 2021 schedule notes:
- Monthly home/road breakdown:
- April: (14 home/11 road)
- May: (12 home/17 road)
- June: (12 home/14 road)
- July: (14 home/11 road)
- August: (15 home/12 road)
- September: (14 home/13 road)
- October: (0 home/3 road)
- The Tribe has two nine-game homestands, its longest of the season:
- April 20-28 (CWS, NYY, MIN)
- August 20-29 (LAA, TEX, BOS)
- Longest road trip is nine games from June 18-27 (PIT, CHC, MIN)
- 18 of the final 30 games come against divisional opponents