The Arizona Diamondbacks will host the 12th annual SUBWAY® D-backs Fan Fest from Noon-4:00 p.m. this Saturday, Feb. 20, at Chase Field. This year's FREE event will offer fans unprecedented access to current players, coaches, alumni and broadcasters, including Q&A, autograph and photo sessions on the field.
With more than 25,000 fans at Fan Fest last year, the D-backs have expanded this year's event and will feature a variety of activities for everyone, including:
* Fans can hit in the batting cages
- Player photo opportunities, courtesy of Smile Generation
- 50/50 Raffle tickets, supported by Western Refining, will be sold and one lucky fan will win half the jackpot and the other half will benefit the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation
- Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Yard Sale
- D-backs Race Against Cancer registration, presented by University of Arizona Cancer Center at Dignity Health St. Joseph's
- D-backs Team Shop, presented by Majestic
- D-backs Authentics featuring game-used memorabilia
- @Dbacks Social Media Zone
- Live music by The Walkens
- Family Fun Zone featuring speed pitch, T-ball and other interactive inflatables
- Wiffle ball fields featuring D-backs players, coaches and staff from the D-backs Baseball Academy, presented by Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Live Sports broadcast on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM and La Mejor 1400 AM throughout the day
- FOX Sports Arizona and Sanderson Ford KidKaster auditions
- Sanderson Ford Cronista Infantil D-backs Spanish broadcast auditions for La Mejor 1400 AM
- Kids' activity area, including face painting, airbrush tattoos and balloon artists courtesy of Banana Boat ® sunscreens
- Free autographs from players, coaches and broadcasters for kids 12 and under
- Receive information about National Anthem, Rally-backs, Golden Glovers and D-backs Legends Racers tryouts
- First 3,000 fans will receive a SUBWAY® cash card loaded with amounts ranging from $1 - $100
Among the D-backs players currently scheduled to attend include Nick Ahmed, Silvino Bracho, Archie Bradley, Socrates Brito, Enrique Burgos, Welington Castillo, Andrew Chafin, Josh Collmenter, Patrick Corbin, Rubby De La Rosa, Randall Delgado, Brandon Drury, Zack Godley, Paul Goldschmidt, Tuffy Gosewisch, Phil Gosselin, Zack Greinke, Oscar Hernandez, Chris Herrmann, Keith Hessler, Daniel Hudson, Dominic Leone, Jake Lamb, Evan Marshall, Shelby Miller, Peter O'Brien, Chris Owings, David Peralta, A.J. Pollock, Robbie Ray, Matt Reynolds, Jean Segura, Matt Stites, Yasmany Tomás, Tyler Wagner and Brad Ziegler. Coaches expected to participate include Manager Chip Hale, Bench Coach Glenn Sherlock, First Base Coach Dave McKay, Hitting Coach Dave Magadan, Assistant Hitting Coach Mark Grace, Third Base Coach Matt Williams, Pitching Coach Mike Butcher, Bullpen Coach Garvin Alston, Coach/Interpreter Ariel Prieto and Quality Control Coach Mike Fetters. Broadcasters Bob Brenly, Steve Berthiaume, Greg Schulte, Tom Candiotti, Rodrigo Lopez, Oscar Soria and Richard Saenz will also be in attendance, as well as President & CEO Derrick Hall, Chief Baseball Officer Tony La Russa, Senior Vice President & General Manager Dave Stewart, Luis Gonzalez and J.J. Putz among several other former D-backs players.
The SUBWAY® Fan Fest Stage will feature special Q&A sessions, including:
12:30 p.m. - Hosted by Berthiaume with guests: Ahmed, Lamb and Owings
1:00 p.m. - Hosted by Hall with guests: Goldschmidt and Pollock
1:30 p.m. - Hosted by Schulte with guests: Hall, La Russa and Stewart
2:00 p.m. - Hosted by Soria (in Spanish) with guests: Castillo, De La Rosa, Peralta, Segura and Tomas
2:30 p.m. - Hosted by Berthiaume with guests: Corbin, Greinke and Miller
3:00 p.m. - Hosted by Schulte with guest: Hale
3:15 p.m. - Hosted by Schulte with guests: Gonzalez, Grace and Williams
Fans will have the opportunity to purchase autograph session vouchers for $5, with proceeds benefiting the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation. Fans may purchase a maximum of one table per session and two vouchers per table. Autograph session times listed below:
Session A: 12:15 - 1:00 p.m.
Session B: 1:15 - 2:00 p.m.
Session C: 2:15 - 3:00 p.m.
Session D: 3:15 - 4:00 p.m.
D-backs Season Ticket Holders will have the first opportunity to purchase autograph session vouchers online from 9:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m. this Wednesday, Feb. 17. All D-backs Insider e-mail subscribers will also have a special online presale opportunity on Thursday, Feb. 18 from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Fans can sign up for the D-backs Insider at www.dbacks.com/insider. Autograph session vouchers will go on sale to the public at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 20 at the Chase Field Box Office. All autograph session vouchers purchased online can be picked up at Season Ticket Services Headquarters on the field.
The @Dbacks Social Media Zone will provide a central hub for connecting fans with the team through online outlets like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram. The expanded @Dbacks Social Media Zone will feature opportunities for fans to play video games with players, take fun photos with props and emojis with players, watch a live GoPro broadcast on Periscope with players throughout the event, and a scavenger hunt in which fans can check in at various areas of the event to win prizes using their social media accounts. Guests are encouraged to post throughout the event using the #DbacksFanFest hashtag. Fans can register for special text alerts leading up to the event by texting FANFEST to 76925. For additional information regarding SUBWAY® D-backs FanFest, please visit dbacks.com/fanfest or call 602.462.FEST (3378).