The Pirates return home to PNC Park for the eighth homestand of the season as they play host to the St. Louis Cardinals for a weekend series and welcome the Milwaukee Brewers for a four-game Monday through Thursday matchup.The seven-game homestand is highlighted by many activities in and around PNC
The Pirates return home to PNC Park for the eighth homestand of the season as they play host to the St. Louis Cardinals for a weekend series and welcome the Milwaukee Brewers for a four-game Monday through Thursday matchup.
The seven-game homestand is highlighted by many activities in and around PNC Park such as Grateful Dead Night on Friday, July 14; Kids Day on Sunday, July 16; and a Paint Party on the Rooftop on Monday, July 17.
Friday, July 14, 2017 - Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.)
· Block Party: Come down early to join us before today's game for the Friday Baierl Block Party on Federal Street. Fans are invited to come party on the street as food and beer sales will be available. Pirates alumni Jim Rooker will be the special guest bartender at the Leinenkugel Bar that will be located on Federal Street.
· Grateful Dead Night: Calling all Dead Heads, The Other Ones and Dancing Bears, join us for a special Grateful Dead themed night tonight at PNC Park. Start the night on Federal Street with live music featuring theCAUSE starting at 5:30 p.m., and the first 1,000 tickets purchased through pirates.com/GratefulDead will receive a free Pirates Grateful Dead tee. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/GratefulDead.
Saturday, July 15, 2017-Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.)
· Pirates Charities Miracle League Fantasy Camp: In partnership with Baseball Fantasy Camp for Kids, Pirates Charities is hosting a Miracle League Fantasy Camp at the Bill Mazeroski Miracle Field at the Rotary Miracle Sports Complex in Murrysville, PA, beginning at 11:15 a.m. Athletes from five local Miracle League programs, ages 8 to 18, will receive a customized Pirates jersey, goodie bag, and the opportunity to learn from the professionals as Pirates players and coaches will serve as instructors. Groups will rotate between five different baseball skill stations where kids will have the chance to learn skills like batting, pitching, base running and more.
· Block Party: Come down early to join us before today's game for the Saturday Block Party on Federal Street. Fans are invited to come party on the street as food and beer sales will be available. Pirates alumni Rick Rueschel will be the special guest bartender at the Leinenkugel Bar that will be located on Federal Street.
· Free Shirt Saturday: Tonight the Pirates popular Free Shirt days continue through 2017 as the first 20,000 fans, with paid admission, will receive a Pirates tee presented by FedEx Ground.
· Scratch and Win: Everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park with an opportunity to win one of several great prizes.
· Hunt Auction Show: The Celebration of the Pittsburgh Pirates Autograph and Memorabilia Show, presented by Hunt Auctions, will take place today from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Please see below for a list of Pirates players and alumni scheduled to appear. For the signing schedule, pricing and to order autograph tickets visit Pirates.HuntAuctions.com. Tickets are available at the door.
Current Pirates & Pirates Alumni
Sunday, July 16, 2017-Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (1:35 p.m.)
· Youth Baseball and Softball Day: The first 1,000 players and coaches to register as a team will participate in a special pre-game ceremony on the field for Youth Baseball and Softball Days, presented by DICK'S Sporting Goods. Kids can run the bases following the game. Players and coaches are encouraged to wear their team's jersey. For tickets and complete information, visit pirates.com/youthbaseballandsoftball.
· Collectible Truck: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a kids W.B. Mason collectible truck, courtesy of W.B. Mason.
· Josh Harrison's All-Star Dinner: Tonight Pirates players and coaches will join Pirates two-time All-Star Josh Harrison for his fourth annual All-Star charity dinner at Eddie Merlot's. Proceeds from the Josh Harrison All-Star Charity Dinner will benefit Blessings in a Backpack and the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank's Backpack Program. Doors for the event open at 6:30 p.m.
· Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be special Play Ball stations, inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A, and more.
· Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by the Original Pizza Logs.
Monday, July 17, 2017-Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
· Paint Party on the Rooftop: Join the Pirates, as they partner with Paint Monkey on Monday nights throughout the season, to create a Pirates masterpiece. Enjoy a pre-game painting session (canvases are pre-sketched) on the Miller Lite Rooftop and stay for the game afterwards. Tonight's painting is a Francisco Cervelli-themed "That's Amore" painting. Prices start at $60 per date and include a space in one painting class and one seat to the game. For more information visit pirates.com/paintmonkey.
· Youth Hockey Night: Tonight take a break from the ice and enjoy a night at the ballpark with the Pirates inaugural Youth Hockey Night at PNC Park. The first 1,000 players & coaches to register as a team will participate in a special pregame ceremony on the field. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/YouthHockey.
· Pirates Charities VIP Party: Tonight Pirates Charities will host a special VIP Party for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition of Pittsburgh. Guests will enjoy the game in true red carpet style in a World Series Suite as 50 cancer survivors will take part in the "Fighter" themed party to celebrate the women and families who are battling ovarian cancer.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017-Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
· Pirates Play Ball Team of the Game: Tonight is part of the Pirates season-long initiative honoring a youth baseball/softball team(s) of the game every Tuesday home game. Tonight the Pirates will honor the Braddock 12U RBI Team on the field in a pregame ceremony. The Braddock 12U team was the inaugural winner of the Pittsburgh RBI 12U Championship after going unbeaten in both the regular season and playoff tournament.
· PLAY Clinic at PNC Park: Today, the Pittsburgh Pirates Training Staff and Medical Team are hosting a free sports educational workshop called PLAY at PNC Park for youth ages 8 to 17 years old from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The PLAY- Promoting a Lifetime of Activity for Youth- program is an initiative of the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society, The Taylor Hooton Foundation, and Major League Baseball Charities. PLAY is based upon using the celebrity appeal of Major League Baseball and all of its teams and players to help educate young people and promote a healthy and active lifestyle. Pirates reliever Tony Watson will join the group for the morning event.
· Pups in the Park: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates present one of 13 Pup Nights, presented by Rachael Ray Nutrish, at PNC Park. Each ticket package (one person & one dog) costs just $35 with additional human tickets available for $35 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information, visit pirates.com/pups.
· Spirit Tasting: Join us for a 90-miniute pregame spirits tasting tonight at PNC Park. Fans will have the opportunity to taste a variety of fine spirits and learn more about the history and characteristics of the drinks. For just $80 fans receive a ticket in a luxury suite, an invite to a pregame spirit tasting in Club 3000, and more. For complete information and to order tickets visit pirates.com/spirits.
· Lady Bucs Night: Tonight is one of four 2017 Lady Bucs Nights at PNC Park. Kick off each by joining us in the Picnic Park for a pregame event including food and non-alcoholic beverages. Packages are $60 and include one Pirates game ticket, tonight's exclusive promotional item - an RUME bag -- and access to the catered Lady Bucs event in Picnic Park from 5:30 to 7 p.m. No need to enjoy this night alone, invite friends, coworkers and more as groups are highly encouraged. For tickets and information, visit pirates.com/LadyBucs.
· Runners Night: Join us tonight for the third annual Runners Night at PNC Park, presented by Fleet Feet Sports Pittsburgh. Arrive early and check out the runner's central on Federal Street and, new this year, stay after as all Runner's Night guests will be invited to run the bases on the PNC Park field after the game. Tickets and complete information is available at pirates.com/Runners.
· Disability Awareness Night: Tonight the Pirates are pleased to host Disability Awareness Night at PNC Park and welcome those with disabilities from across the region to join us for this special event. Through the participation of agencies and generous local businesses, the Pirates will host a special pre-game resource fair on the River Walk from 5 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. to raise awareness for all types of personal disabilities. For tickets and more information, email Caitlyn Trent at Caitlyn.Trent@pirates.com.
Wednesday, July 19, 2017-Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
· Eye Care Professionals Night: Join us tonight for our third annual Eye Care Professionals Night at PNC Park. The Pirates invite eye care professionals, technicians and office staff to enjoy an evening at the ballpark with this special ticket offer and the first 10 offices to sign up will have the opportunity to have one group member recognized during our pre-game ceremonies. For tickets and more information, visit pirates.com/EyeCare.
· University Night with West Virginia University: Tonight is a Pirates University Night with West Virginia University. All fans who purchase University Night tickets will receive a ticket in one of two special sections and a Pirates/WVU hat. This season the Pirates will host University Nights on select Wednesday dates. Students, alumni and fans of local universities are invited to cheer on the Pirates together at PNC Park. For complete information and a list of upcoming 2017 University Nights, visit pirates.com/universitynights.
· Wine Night: Tonight is a Wine Tasting Night at PNC Park. For just $66 fans receive a ticket in a luxury suite, an invite to a pregame wine tasting in Club 3000, and more. For complete information and to order tickets visit pirates.com/winenights.
Thursday, July 20, 2017 - Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (12:35 p.m.)
· Paddle Ball Set: Today, all kids ages 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a kids Pirates velcro paddleball catch set, presented by Mrs. T's Pierogies.
· Military Appreciation Day: Come out to support and honor our brave American military service men and women. Today, the Pirates will wear their Military Appreciation Days camouflage jerseys and special hats.
· On-Field Military Ceremony: As part of tonight's Military Appreciation Day efforts, a group from Operation Troop Appreciation will be honored during a pregame, on-field ceremony and hosted in the Pirates Charities Suite. The mission of Operation Troop Appreciation is to build and sustain the morale and well-being of the military community, past and present, with the assurance that the American public supports and appreciates their selfless service and daily sacrifices.
· 50/50 Raffle: Tonight's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will benefit Operation Troop Appreciation.
· Camp Day: Join the Pirates this afternoon for Camp Day at PNC Park. Bring a packed lunch or check out our specially priced kid-concessions at Bucaroos located in Legacy Square. Tickets are available now for as low as $13 at pirates.com/CampDay.
Pirates Charities Night
Save the date: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 when the Pirates host the Cincinnati Reds at 7:05 p.m. at PNC Park, the Pirates will host the annual "Pirates Charities Night on AT&T Sportsnet," the annual fundraiser that supports Pirates Charities and select local non-profit organizations. This year, funds will be designated to Pirates Charities and organizations supporting those living with cancer in our community. On this night, AT&T Sportsnet dedicates their entire television broadcast to sharing the stories of the beneficiaries, broadcasting live from PNC Park's Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club. Lend your support and make a donation to receive one of two backpacks filled with unique Pirates merchandise designed exclusively for this event, plus autographed items. For complete information and to support this special night, visit pirates.com/CharityNight.
Two teams from the Pittsburgh RBI (Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities) will compete in the RBI Regional Tournament the weekend of Friday, July 14 through Sunday, July 16. The group will send a Junior (13-15 years old) boys and a Senior (16-18 years old) boys team to compete in the tournament in Detroit, Michigan as they compete for the opportunity to take part in the RBI World Series in Cincinnati, Ohio. Pittsburgh RBI provides baseball and softball programming to over 1,000 boys and girls ages 6-18 through the Boys and Girls Clubs of Western PA. In addition to providing full financial support to the RBI program, Pirates Charities donated equipment, hosted coaches' clinics led by Pirates alumni, softball clinics led by Pirates ball girls, and provided scholarships to youth participating in local tournaments and clinics.
The Pirates and Papa John's partner on the return of the Summer Six-Packs, presented by Papa John's. The popular ticket plans are available now at pirates.com/summer and are starting as low as $126. As a special bonus, each Summer Six-Pack plan includes a free seventh game and a voucher for one free large two-topping pizza from Papa John's. The plans offer the ultimate flexibility, as fans are able to select any games throughout the remainder of the 2017 season and build their own package.
Wins for Kids
Pirates Charities, Pirates Manager Clint Hurdle and his wife, Karla, announced the return of the "Wins for Kids" fundraising campaign for the 2017 season, in partnership with AT&T Sportsnet. The program is now in its seventh season of raising funds for Pirates Charities and The Children's Institute of Pittsburgh's center for Prader-Willi Syndrome, through donations from fans and supporters. The Wins for Kids program encourages fans to contribute with a one-time donation for 2017 or monetary pledges for each Pirates win throughout the season. Fans who donate to the program will receive a variety of exciting incentives. For complete information, visit Pirates.com/WinsforKids.
· Giant Eagle Advantage Card: The Pirates and Giant Eagle partner to offer fans a chance to save up to $10 on tickets for Sunday thru Thursday home games. Visit pirates.com/advantagecard for more details.
· PNC Bank Pirates Card: The Pirates and PNC Bank team up to offer discounted tickets for select games at PNC Park. Fans can use their PNC Bank Pirates card and save $5 PLUS get $5 in Loaded Value on select games throughout the season (excluding Friday and Saturday home games in June and July)! For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
· Sugardale All You Can Eat: The All You Can Eat Seats, presented by Sugardale, are a popular way to enjoy a game in Sections 201 through 205. Tickets include all the hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, salads, popcorn, peanuts, peanut butter-filled pretzels, ice cream and soda you can handle for one low price -- and there are dedicated All You Can Eat concession stands with a speed line approach. Please visit pirates.com/allyoucaneat for tickets and pricing.
· DICK'S Scorecard: Score exclusive savings of up to $10 off select Sunday thru Thursday regular season Pirates games with your DICK'S Sporting Goods ScoreCard. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/scorecard.
· Port Authority ConnectCard: Get specially-priced tickets with your Port Authority ConnectCard! Save up to $10 this season on Sunday thru Thursday games at PNC Park. For tickets and more information visit pirates.com/connectcard.
For a complete list of the 2017 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.