HOUSTON, TX – Following a successful road trip, the Houston Astros have returned to Houston and will hold their Home Opener at Minute Maid Park tomorrow night for a 7:10 p.m. CT matchup vs. the Oakland Athletics. Tomorrow night’s game will mark the return of fans to an Astros game at Minute Maid Park for the first time since Game 7 of the 2019 World Series.
Single-game tickets are still available for the Home Opener and all Astros home games in April and can be purchased online at Astros.com/Tickets or by phone, toll free, at 1-877-9ASTROS (1-877-927-8767). Tickets are available in all sections, including some sections with physically distanced seating pods. Season tickets, group tickets, mini plans and suite rentals, which provide fans with the best value for the biggest games, are also available.
Home Opener FESTIVITIES
The Astros will celebrate the 2021 Home Opener on Thursday with pregame ceremonies beginning at approximately 6:40 p.m. and player introductions beginning at approximately 6:45 p.m. The Astros are planning to have the roof of Minute Maid Park open for tomorrow night’s game, but that is subject to change pending the weather conditions.
Singer and songwriter DeSz, a native Houstonian and a finalist on NBC’s The Voice, will perform the National Anthem. The Joint Forces Color Guard will present the colors. The 138th Fighter Wing, Detachment 1 out of Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base will conduct a flyover, weather permitting. Houston Police Department Chief Troy Finner will throw the ceremonial first pitch to Astros team doctor Dr. David Lintner. A video montage of well-known Houstonians, including Mayor Sylvester Turner, Simone Biles, Mattress Mack and others will make the Play Ball call. God Bless America will be performed in the middle of the 7th by the Houston Methodist Singers from The Center for Performing Arts Medicine at Houston Methodist. Additionally, 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a 2021 Houston Astros Schedule magnet, presented by United Airlines.
FAN PHOTO DESTINATIONS
The Astros are encouraging fans to visit a few new destinations in the ballpark, including the Mural Wall in the Hall of Fame alley in center field, the Michelob Ultra Club down the right field line on the Terrace level and the Houston Together Wall, located behind the Insperity Club on the main concourse.
The Houston Together Wall was created to honor the frontline workers, who have helped keep Houston Together and safe. With the Houston Together Wall, fans have the opportunity to say “Thank You” to someone they love serving on the frontlines with a custom baseball for the display. Net proceeds from the program benefit the Astros Foundation to support frontline workers and for more information visit astrosbaseballwall.com.
GALLAGHER CLUB TO OPEN
The Gallagher Club on the Bank of America Suite Level will officially open to fans for tomorrow night’s game. The Gallagher Club features exclusive membership and seating opportunities for fans seeking the very best Minute Maid Park has to offer, including first class food & beverage options and a game experience that is second to none.
GENERAL COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR ASTROS HOME GAMES
- BAG POLICY: Bags will not be allowed in the venue. Exceptions are manufacturer designed diaper bags, when accompanied by an infant or small child, medical bags, gallon bags used for bringing food or water into the building and single compartment clutches, wristlets, and hip/fanny packs that do not exceed 9” x 5”. This policy applies to all guests and will allow for reduced touching of bag items in the entry process. Guests that bring a diaper or medical bag will be required to utilize one of the bag check lanes and may encounter delayed entry.
- MASK POLICY: Masks are required at all times within Minute Maid Park unless actively eating or drinking. Eating and drinking is only permitted at your ticketed seat (not the general concourse).
- ENTRANCES AND GATES: Fans may enter the ballpark through all standard entrances, which will open two hours prior to game time, regardless of day or time of game.
- WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN ENTERING: All fans will be subject to a verbal health screening upon arrival. Guests will be asked to physically distance while waiting in the gate queue line. The Astros will utilize screening equipment, such as walkthrough metal detectors and tables, at the entry gates in ways to better facilitate physical distancing while performing security screening.
- TICKETS: Mobile ticketing has been implemented for all games. The Minute Maid Park Box Office is going digital and will not be open for ticket sales. To purchase tickets on site, fans can text the word “Buy” to 26099. All digital tickets will be accessed through the MLB Ballpark app. The Astros will have Ticket Resolution windows open at each gate on game days.
- MOVING IN THE BUILDING: Physical distancing is required when moving throughout the ballpark. We encourage a 6’ distance between you and other parties. To ensure proper hygiene, hand sanitizer dispensers have been positioned at over 500 locations inside the stadium.
- RESTROOMS: All restrooms around the concourse will be open. Capacity signage will be posted outside of the restrooms.
- CASHLESS SALES: Concessions have gone cashless at all points of sale. To help customers who arrive with cash only, the Astros will have reverse ATMs in the stadium which will change cash into an Astros themed debit card. The reverse ATMs will be placed near the existing ATMs at Sections 108, 218, 315, and near Center Field Gate.