MILWAUKEE – Announced yesterday in the wake of the Waukesha Christmas Parade tragedy, a $10 donation will be made by Brewers Community Foundation for each car that comes through Holiday of Lights tomorrow through Friday, matched by American Family Insurance and Magic of Lights. Further, American Family Insurance is also making a direct contribution of $50,000 to the United for Waukesha Community Fund.
This donation, in addition to this morning’s Coffee with the Milwaukee Brewers at The Back Room at Colectivo, are part of the Milwaukee Brewers and community partner’s efforts to support those affected by the tragedy at the Waukesha Christmas Parade. This morning’s event at The Back Room at Colectivo in partnership with the Pabst Theater Group raised $34,392 with generous contributions from the community and matched by David Stearns, Brewers President – Baseball Operations.
Magic of Lights opens Nov. 24 and runs daily from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. through Jan. 2. Families can enjoy the mile-plus drive-thru holiday display with more than two-million glistening lights dancing to holiday tunes. The drive culminates at the Holiday Village featuring the American Family Insurance Holiday House and a skating rink for families to enjoy.
Tickets are available at MagicOfLights.com/Milwaukee. Magic of Lights is the largest touring drive-through light display in the country.
Areas of interest:
- Holiday Village, located on the third base plaza, will feature a skating rink, photos with Santa Bernie and more. The skating rink is open daily from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., welcome to families and offers skate rentals.
- Within the Holiday Village, the American Family Insurance Holiday House as well as a winter Dreamland where guest can partake in crafts and unique photo opportunities.
- On the route:
- Illuminating Mega Tree, boasting 40 feet of dancing lights synchronized to popular holiday tunes.
- Enchanting Tunnel of Lights, featuring over 200 feet of an immersive light display
- Notable displays including Prehistoric Christmas, Big Foot Monster Trucks, Winter Blizzard Tunnel, 12 Days of Christmas and Toyland.