The Arizona Diamondbacks’ Baseball Operations department announced a series of staff changes, including promotions, new hires and role changes, including adding Jason McLeod as Special Assistant to D-backs Executive Vice President & General Manager Mike Hazen.
Jason McLeod/Special Assistant to the General Manager
- Joins Arizona with 26 years of experience in baseball operations and coaching, including the previous 10 with the Chicago Cubs as senior vice president, scouting and player development (2011-19) and senior vice president, player personnel (2020-21)…oversaw the progress of Javier Baez, Willson Contreras, Eloy Jiménez, Jorge Soler, Gleyber Torres, among others, as head of player development.
- Served as the San Diego Padres’ assistant general manager to Jed Hoyer for the 2010-11 seasons.
- Worked alongside Hazen and Amiel Sawdaye, D-backs senior vice president & assistant general manager, in the Boston Red Sox’ baseball operations department from 2003-09…was the club’s director of amateur scouting for 5 seasons.
- Held various positions with the Padres from 1994-2003 under the direction of Kevin Towers, former D-backs general manager (2010-14).
- Oversaw numerous drafts in his professional career that produced multiple All-Stars, including Dustin Pedroia (2004 – Red Sox), Jacoby Ellsbury (2005 – Red Sox), Anthony Rizzo (2007 – Red Sox), Kris Bryant (2013 – Cubs) and Kyle Schwarber (2014 – Cubs).
- Played high school baseball with Dodgers manager Dave Roberts at Rancho Buena Vista High School in Vista, Calif.
- Deric Ladnier is a Special Assistant to the General Manager (previously Director, Scouting).
- Max Esposito is a Major League Physical Therapist (previously Minor League Medical Coordinator).
- Max Glick is now Director, Baseball Research & Development (previously Analyst, Research & Development).
- John Krazit is now Director, Baseball Systems (previously Manager, Baseball Systems).
- Kristyn Pierce is now Director, Baseball Administration (previously Assistant Director, Amateur Scouting & Baseball Administration).
- Ian Rebhan is now Director, Amateur Scouting (previously Assistant Director, Amateur Scouting).
- Michelle Riccardi is now Director of Nutrition, Sports Medicine & Performance Team (previously Team Performance Dietician).
- Cory Hahn is now Assistant Director, Player Personnel (previously Coordinator, Professional Scouting).
- Kerry Jenkins is now Assistant Director, Amateur Scouting (previously Amateur Scout).
- Max Phillips is now Assistant Director, Baseball Operations (previously Coordinator, Baseball Operations).
- Mariana Patraca Dibildox is now Manager, International Operations & Scouting (previously Assistant, Latin American Baseball Operations).
- Cody Callahan is now Senior Analyst, Baseball Research & Development (previously Analyst, Research & Development).
- Patrick Sellas is now Senior Analyst, Sports Medicine & Performance (previously Analyst, Sports Medicine and Performance).
- Thomas Johnson is now Senior Baseball Systems Developer (previously Baseball Systems Developer).
- Carl Gonzalez is now Analyst, Baseball Research & Development (previously Diversity Pipeline Fellow).
- Aaron Thorn is now a Professional Scout (previously Developmental Professional Scout).
- Chloe Medina is an Assistant, Amateur Scouting & Latin American Assimilation after working as Assistant, Education & Cultural Development.
- Connor Shannon is an Analyst, Player Personnel after serving as Assistant, Baseball Operations.
- Chris Slivka is an Analyst, Player Personnel after serving as a Professional Scout.
- Mack Hayashi is a Professional/International Scout after serving as Director, Pacific Rim Professional Operations.
- Alex Lorenzo is a Professional Scout after working as Assistant, International Scouting.
- Limberth Marin is a Scout, Venezuela after serving as a Scout, Mexico.
Additional new hires:
- Creagor Elsom was hired as Baseball Systems Developer.
- Jake Greenberg was hired as an Analyst, Player Personnel.
- Matt Wales was hired as Junior Baseball Systems Developer.
- Stephen Baker was hired as an Area Scout.
- Luis “Polo” Peña was hired as a Scout, Mexico.