Dodger Stadium celebrates 60th anniversary with new and improved items
LOS ANGELES – Dodger Stadium, the third oldest ballpark in Major League Baseball and one of the most iconic venues in all of sports, will celebrate its 60th anniversary in 2022 with a variety of new and improved amenities in addition to a robust set of new culinary items.
Dodger ownership, which is marking its 10th anniversary, continues to make improvements to the stadium and the fan experience every year by incorporating the Dodgers’ rich history into the ballpark. Their continued commitment to improving the historic stadium contributed to the Dodgers leading the Major Leagues in home attendance for eight consecutive years.
The new and improved items include:
- Commemorative Dodger moments –
- Bronze Sculptures: The Jackie Robinson statue in centerfield will have another teammate as a Sandy Koufax statue will be unveiled at Dodger Stadium on June 18.
- Memorabilia: There will be new memorabilia exhibits for fans to view throughout Dodger Stadium, including the addition of new members to the Legends of Dodger Baseball as well as newly adorned 1962 display lockers. There will also be an exhibit, “Breaking Barriers” in the Centerfield Plaza under the Right Field Pavilion on loan from the Negro League Baseball Museum in Kansas City. A second Negro League Baseball exhibit on loan from Gary Cypres will be on display near the right field, Stadium Club entrance featuring bronze figures of baseball greats including Satchel Paige and Josh Gibson.
- Murals: Fans will certainly notice the new murals depicted on the left and right field sides of the stadium featuring the 60th anniversary logo of Dodger Stadium as well as the great Jackie Robinson, who broke the color barrier 75 years ago when he joined the Dodgers in Brooklyn.
- Club renovations & seat re-brandings –
- Stadium Club: The Stadium Club, which boasts one of the best views at Dodger Stadium, has transformed the exterior balcony into the new Stadium Club Boxes for groups to purchase on a game-to-game basis featuring complimentary food and alcohol for purchase. The Club will also see upgrades with new furniture and LED displays, added during the first half of the season.
- Baseline Clubs: Both the left and right field Baseline Clubs have been refreshed with newly upholstered furniture, new food service capabilities and new LED displays coming during the first half of the season.
- Dugout Club: The popular Dugout Club has been re-named the Yaamava’ Dugout Club by San Manuel. The Yaamava’ Dugout Club is the most exclusive premium seating location at Dodger Stadium with access to private club space, multiple bars, complimentary food and non-alcoholic beverages and the best seats in the house.
- Home Run Seats: These popular seats located just beyond the outfield wall in right and left field, which were introduced in 2021 as part of the Centerfield Plaza and pavilion renovations, will be branded the Coca-Cola Home Run Seats in 2022.
- Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation – The Foundation will continue to conduct the 50-50 Raffle at every home game and have increased opportunities for fans to participate with the addition of a new kiosk and added sellers. Additionally, the LADF Homebase located in Centerfield Plaza will have Mystery Bags containing autographed baseballs for purchase select nights across the season.
- Restrooms – All single-use, accessible restrooms in fan facing areas throughout Dodger Stadium now include all-gender designations and have been labeled with signage accordingly. Additionally, expanded Women’s and gender-neutral restrooms have been added to the press box. Both clubhouses have also been renovated to create a dedicated women’s locker room and showers.
- Levy Restaurants at Dodger Stadium – The Dodgers and Levy have added some culinary delights to the lineup for the 2022 season. Fans can enjoy the following new offerings:
- Funnel Fries will be served with chocolate or raspberry syrup and powdered sugar and are available at the Dunkin stand on the Field Level and Trolly Treats on the Loge and Reserve Levels.
- Louisiana Hot Link, Bratwurst, Italian Sausage and Plant Based Bratwurst will be available at the LA on Deck Circle on the Field Level and Reserve Level.
- Spiral Potatoes with salt and pepper, garlic, mesquite, tajin, cotija cheese, and chili lime aioli, or a signature BBQ Burnt Ends potato with bbq spice, chipotle aioli and picked red onions will both be available at the Twisted Tatoes Stand on the Reserve Level.
- The Taqueria Platter will be served with chicken taquitos, jalapeño poppers, and a cheese quesadilla**.** The platter will be available at the Hornitos Cantina on the Field Level or the LA Taqueria on the Reserve Level. In addition, the Hornitos Cantina in Right Field will feature specialty Hornitos cocktails this season.
- Several flavors of Aguas Frescas will be available for purchase:
- Mango (with mango chunks, mango rim dip)
- Horchata (with mazapan rim)
- Strawberry-Kiwi (strawberry chunks)
- Pineapple (pineapple chunks, tamarindo rim)
- Available at the Hornitos Cantina on Field Level, Eats and Drinks in the Centerfield and the LA Taqueria on Reserve Level
- A Caprese Grinder will be served on French bread with fresh mozzarella, basil, sliced tomatoes, and balsamic glaze. This dish will be available at the Dodgers Deli on the Loge Level.
- The Cold Cuts Grinder will be comprised of a French roll, mortadella, salami, capicola, provolone, sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and hot giardiniera and will be available at the Dodgers Deli on the Loge Level.
- A Roast Beef Dip Sandwich will be served on a French roll and will have shaved roast beef, provolone cheese, and grilled onions. The sandwich will be available at the Dodgers Deli on the Loge Level.
- Nashville Style Tenders will be tossed in Nashville seasoning and served with crinkle cut fries and will be available at the Sweet Chick stand on the Field Level.
- The Korean Short Rib Bowl will have steamed rice topped with wok fired beef and steamed broccoli. The bowl will be served at Base Bowls on the Field Level.
- Dessert Nachos, a traditional style nacho bowl served with buñuelos, soft serve ice cream, strawberries, and chocolate sauce. The item will be available at the Dunkin Stand on the Field Level and Sweet Spot on the Loge Level.
- MVP BBQ Platter will be served with burnt ends, corn bread, pulled pork, coleslaw, and smoked picante. The platter is available at the Think Blue BBQ in the Centerfield Pavilion.
Up on the Reserve Level, the Herradura Ultra Bar will feature specialty cocktails including the Herradura Dodgerita in section 11.
For California Pizza Kitchen lovers, there’s a new item—the Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage Pizza, sold at stands throughout the stadium. The new pizza features cremini mushrooms, rustic pepperoni, spicy Italian sausage, basil, mozzarella, and wild Greek oregano.
Public transportation and ride sharing for the 2022 season --
- The Dodger Stadium Express is FREE for all ticket holders and connects to public transit centers at Union Station and the South Bay. Free Metro buses run approximately every 10 minutes from Union Station starting 90 minutes before game time, and approximately every 20 minutes starting 90 minutes before game time from the Harbor Gateway Transit Center. They stop at both the Centerfield Plaza and Top of the Park both pre-game and post-game.
- Uber is the preferred ride of the Dodgers and offers fans a safe, affordable ride to and from the stadium at the tap of a button.
In addition to the 2022 regular season, Dodger Stadium will host the All-Star Game for the first time in 40 years on Tuesday, July 19. The fan favorite Home Run Derby and batting practice by the two teams will be held on Monday, July 18.