This weekend, the Phillies will host the Pittsburgh Pirates at Citizens Bank Park (September 23-26). Here’s a look at some of the game highlights and promotions featured at the ballpark.
1. **Help bring ‘2 Street’ to Citizens Bank Park for** Mummers Night on #ThrowbackThursday, September 23, at the 7:05 p.m. game**.**
- Mummers Night will feature performances around the ballpark by members of the Greater Kensington String Band from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Plus, President of the Philadelphia Mummers String Band Association Sam Regalbuto will throw out a ceremonial first pitch and mummers will dance on the dugout with the Phanatic in the seventh inning.
- Also happening on behalf of PGW, Olubukola Alliyuand, senior president for the 281st class at Central High School, will throw out a ceremonial first pitch. Central High School received 10 trees from Home Runs for Trees presented by PGW and the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) in 2020 based on their submission on how the trees would benefit their school community.
- As part of #TBT, “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” will be performed virtually on PhanaVision in the middle of the seventh inning by Ivan Doroschuk from Men Without Hats, legendary Canadian electro-pop band, known for their worldwide hit, “The Safety Dance.”
2. Prior to the 7:05 p.m. game on Friday, September 24, the Phillies are hosting the sixth annual Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) Night.
- Ahead of Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) in October, the Phillies are teaming up with PCADV and the Pirates to bring attention to this year’s campaign theme, #Every1KnowsSome1, highlighting how common domestic violence is and that it is more than physical violence.
- As part of the pregame activities, the following will be recognized on-field: Susan Higginbotham, Chief Executive Officer, PCADV; Vashti Bledsoe, Bilingual Domestic Violence Program Director, Lutheran Settlement House, and President, PCADV Board of Directors; Rhonda Fleming, Chief of Prevention, Intervention and Outreach, Women’s Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh and PCADV Board Member; and Delio Santana, Manager of Education and Outreach, SAFE Berks. Also taking part will be Rob Thomson, Phillies Bench Coach, and Don Kelly, Pirates Bench Coach.
3. Happening on Saturday, September 25, it’s Strike Out Cancer Night presented by Fox Chase Cancer Center at the 4:05 p.m. game.
· As part of Strike Out Cancer Night, Surgical Oncologist Dr. Rosalia Viterbo and prostate cancer survivor Dominic Barone will throw a ceremonial first pitch. Plus, tickets (subject to availability) are available at a special discount in select seating locations with proceeds to benefit cancer research through the Fox Chase Cancer Center. The Phillies Charities, Inc. 50/50 drawing, presented by DraftKings, will also benefit Fox Chase Cancer Center.
· Pro Football Hall of Famer and former Philadelphia Eagle Brian Dawkins will be signing copies of his book, “Blessed By the Best: My Journey to Canton and Beyond” at the Phillies Authentics Shop (located on the Main Concourse behind Section 133) from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Dawkins will also throw a ceremonial first pitch.
4. Join the Phillies for prizes and surprises at the final game of the regular season on Sunday, September 26, at 1:05 p.m.
· Plus, all fans will receive a 2022 Schedule Magnet featuring Bryce Harper.
· Also happening: Phillies Director of Publications Christine Negley will receive the team’s highest honor, the Richie Ashburn & David Montgomery Special Achievement Award, which is presented annually to an employee who demonstrates the same loyalty, dedication and passion for baseball as the award’s namesakes. Prior to the game, Lyn Montgomery, wife of the late Phillies Chairman David Montgomery, and Jean Ashburn, daughter of the late Phillies Hall of Famer and broadcaster Richie Ashburn, will present Negley with the award.
5. Throughout Fan Appreciation Weekend, take part in the final Phillies Charities, Inc. Auction, featuring a Bryce Harper street banner, Aaron Nola game-used hat, J.T. Realmuto mitt, team-signed memorabilia, and many more autographed items up for bid. The auction is available via the MLB Ballpark App (iOS and Android devices only) and closes on Monday, September 27.
6. Enjoy great deals all weekend at the New Era Phillies Team Store!
· Friday, September 24: 25% off all headwear*. Plus, get a free Phillies cooling gaiter with any $100 purchase.
· Saturday, September 25: 25% off all kid’s headwear & apparel*. Plus, get a free BRYCE HARPER ACTION BASEBALL with any $100 purchase.
· Sunday, September 26: 25% off storewide*. Plus, get a free Phillies casual classic cap with any $100 purchase.
*Some exclusions may apply
Other need-to-know information:
· Health and Safety Guidelines: In accordance with the City of Philadelphia, the Phillies have reimplemented indoor mask mandates, regardless of vaccination status, for indoor spaces including the Diamond Club (except while actively eating or drinking), New Era Phillies Team Store, ’47 Alley Store, elevators, and restrooms. Fans who are unvaccinated are strongly encouraged to continue wearing masks at all times when attending a game at Citizens Bank Park.
· Mobile Ticketing: Access your tickets in the free MLB Ballpark app before coming to the game. Apple users are strongly encouraged to add their tickets to the Apple Wallet. If you purchased tickets with the same email address used to log in to the Ballpark app, your tickets will automatically appear in the “Tickets Tab.” Once at Citizens Bank Park, connect to “FreePhilliesWiFi” to allow for a better experience. Have your ticket ready on your phone before going through the metal detectors.
· Broadcast: All games will be broadcast on NBCSP, 94 WIP and WTTM 1680, as well as available via live stream for authenticated subscribers on NBC Sports Philadelphia’s MyTeams app.
· Gate Openings: All gates open 90 minutes prior to game time.