Arlington, Texas— Globe Life Field will host nearly 50 college and high school graduation ceremonies over the next month. It marks the second consecutive year the facility will be the location to honor thousands of graduating seniors,
The first college graduations in the park’s history will be held over the next three days, Thursday, May 13; Friday, May 14; and Saturday, May 15, when The University of Texas at Arlington stages a total of eight different ceremonies to recognize the classes of 2020 and 2021. UTA postponed all 2020 graduation ceremonies due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
That will be followed by 43 high school graduations for 19 different school districts from May 24-June 13 (HEB ISD on May 30 will be at Globe Life Park). Approximately 40,000 graduating seniors are expected to receive diplomas over the next month at Globe Life Field.
The 2021 Globe Life Field graduation schedule (# of ceremonies per ISD in parentheses):
- University of Texas at Arlington – May 13-16
- Forney ISD – May 24 (2)
- Nolan Catholic HS – May 24 (1)
- Everman ISD – May 25 (1)
- International Leadership of Texas – May 25 (3)
- Kennedale ISD – May 26 (1)
- DeSoto HS – May 26 (1)
- Birdville ISD – May 27 (3)
- Cleburne HS – May 27 (1)
- Irving ISD – May 28 (4)
- Grand Prairie ISD – May 29 (4)
- Keller ISD – May 30 (4)
- Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD - May 30 (2)*
- Mansfield ISD – June 1-2 (8)
- Red Oak ISD – June 3 (1)
- Rockwall ISD – June 3 (2)
- Duncanville HS – June 7 (1)
- Lancaster ISD – June 7 (1)
- Cedar Hill HS – June 11 (2)
- Crowley ISD – June 13 (1)
*At Globe Life Park
In 2020, 60 high school graduation ceremonies marked the first public events hosted in the newly constructed Globe Life Field. Last year, more than 25,000 graduating seniors walked the stage from 19 high school districts located throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The first public event ever held at Globe Life Field was the graduation for Irving’s Jack E. Singley Academy on May 29, 2020.
Enhanced safety and health measures will be in place for all 2021 graduation ceremonies at Globe Life Field. Concession stands will be open during all graduation ceremonies.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR ALL 2021 EVENTS AT GLOBE LIFE FIELD
- Masks will be required for all attendees except when actively eating or drinking at their seats. That includes all concourse areas and when entering Globe Life Field.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the ballpark.
- Globe Life Field will be cashless, and only credit cards will be accepted at concession stands and retail locations.
- Safe distancing will be enforced in concession lines and retail locations.
- No bags will be permitted except for those that are carried for medical reasons or manufactured diaper bags that accompany infants and young children. Single compartment purses and wallets smaller than 5” x 9” will also be allowed.
- The Rangers will work with each school and school district to implement additional health and safety guidelines specific to their events.