Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, October 22nd:
Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
- The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 3,597.
- There were 0 new positives among these 3,597 samples.
- Among Major League players, there have now been no new positives for 54 consecutive days and in 62 of the last 63 days.
- The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested to date has been 172,740.
- 91 of these 172,740 samples, which is 0.05%, have been new positives.
- 57 of the 91 positives have been players and 34 have been staff members.
- 21 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.