Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, August 27th:
Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
- The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 12,276.
- 2 of these 12,276 samples, which is 0.02%, have been new positives.
- There were 0 positives among players and 2 among staff members.
- The 2 staff member positives were from a single MLB Club; 29 MLB Clubs had 0 positives.
- The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 90,888.
- 84 of these 90,888 samples, which is 0.09%, have been new positives.
- 54 of the 84 positives have been players and 30 have been staff members.
- 20 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.