The Pirates return to PNC Park for a homestand that includes a three-game series with the San Francisco Giants and a four-game series with the Chicago Cubs.
Friday, June 17, 2022 – Giants vs. Pirates (7:05 p.m.)
• Pride Night: The Pirates, in conjunction with local leaders in the LGBTQ+ community, are hosting Pride Night at PNC Park. The night will feature a Pride-inspired Pirates t-shirt presented by Highmark and Allegheny Health Network to the first 20,000 fans. Other features of the night include progress flags hung around PNC Park and a resource fair on the Riverwalk featuring ten (10) nonprofit organizations from Pittsburgh benefitting the LGBTQ+ community. Pregame ceremonies will include a Pirates Charities check presentation to three key Pittsburgh area organizations: Persad Center, Allies for Health and Wellbeing and Proud Haven. Pirates representatives will then be participating in the unfurling of the Progress Flag alongside representatives from local Pittsburgh LGBGTQ+ groups. For tickets, visit pirates.com/pride.
• Miller Lite Happy Hour: Fans who arrive early for Pride Night can enjoy the Miller Lite Happy Hour in the Crow’s Nest featuring drink specials, live music and more from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 18, 2022 – Giants vs. Pirates (4:05 p.m.)
• Grand Jubilee Juneteenth Parade: To continue the Pirates’ support of the city’s Juneteenth celebrations, the Pirate Parrot, Pierogies and Pirates’ front office staff will participate in the Grand Jubilee parade alongside the Pittsburgh Penguins and Pittsburgh Steelers. The Parade will start at Freedom Corner at 11:00 a.m., travel through Downtown, and end at Point State Park.
• Art as Liberation: Celebrating Black Art in Pittsburgh: The Pittsburgh Pirates, in collaboration with 1Hood Media, Mikael Owunna Studios and The Redd Studio, are hosting a celebration of black arts and culture at PNC Park at an art fair pregame on Federal Street. Art as Liberation features 25 commissioned Black visual artists, a live DJ, musical performances, traditional foods, giveaways and more. During the Pirates game, Artists Sasha Igwe and Mikael Owunna will hold live art demonstrations on the Riverwalk in PNC Park. Additionally, Duquesne Light has partnered with the Pirates and 1Hood to commission local artist Marquita Sams to provide permanent artwork, which will be installed and on display at the Urban Garden presented by Duquesne Light inside PNC Park. Fans who purchase tickets through this link can attend the game with proceeds benefitting The Legacy Arts Project, whose mission is to preserve, promote and create Africana arts that honor the history, heritage and cultures of Africa diaspora in ways that advance healing and wellness, education and community empowerment. The Juneteenth celebration will also include Mayor Ed Gainey throwing the ceremonial first pitch before the game.
• Bryan Reynolds Bobblehead presented by FedEx Ground: The first 20,000 fans will receive a Bryan Reynolds Bobblehead, presented by FedEx Ground.
• Cornhole Classic: The Pirates are hosting a Cornhole Classic in conjunction with Steel City Cornhole. This double-elimination tournament is scheduled to take place prior to the game in PNC Park’s Crow’s Nest. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams.
Sunday, June 19, 2022 – Giants vs. Pirates (1:35 p.m.)
• Father’s Day/Prostate Cancer Support Day: The Pirates will celebrate Father’s Day at PNC Park by supporting those battling Prostate Cancer and their families.
o Kids Days + Kids & Dad’s Replica BP Cap Giveaway: Get to Federal Street early to enjoy the Family Fun Zone with fun and activities for the whole family. Enjoy a balloon artist, face painters, inflatables and more. In honor of Father’s Day, all Kids and Dads will take home a replica Pirates Batting Practice cap presented by Highmark Health.
o Prostate Cancer Support: The Pirates are working with ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer to honor Prostate Cancer survivors on the field prior to the game. A special ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by Prostate Cancer survivor, Lee Carter, and caught by his son, Donte. Jeweler Kendra Scott will host an on-site popup shop, where 20% of proceeds will benefit Pirates Charities prostate cancer support efforts. A new men’s line and unique, blue-colored items will be featured in recognition of Prostate Cancer support.
Monday, June 20, 2022 – Cubs vs. Pirates (7:05 p.m.)
• Military Monday: Continuing the 2022 tradition of honoring Military at all Monday home games, the Pirates will honor Helping Heroes, a nonprofit organization providing services and resources to homeless and near homeless veterans. Pirates Charities will present the group with a $10,000 contribution to help further their efforts here in our community and host the group in the Pirates Charities suite for Monday’s game.
• Military Discount Presented by 84 Lumber: The Pirates and 84 Lumber honor and thank our military and their families with special pricing on game tickets (up to half off).
Tuesday, June 21, 2022 – Cubs vs. Pirates (7:05 p.m.)
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 – Cubs vs. Pirates (7:05 p.m.)
Thursday, June 23, 2022 – Cubs vs. Pirates (12:35 p.m.)
• Lunch with the Bucs: Spend your lunch cheering on the Bucs with a 12:35 p.m. first pitch. For just $30, you can receive a Lower Level ticket that includes $15 in food and beverage credit, good for usage throughout PNC Park on the day of the game. Tickets available at pirates.com/lunchwiththebucs. • Hometown First Pitch: Carnegie Mellon University graduate, Carter Redwood, returns home to throw out the first pitch before the game. He is currently staring as FBI Special Agent Andre Raines on CBS’s “FBI International.