ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.—The Tampa Bay Rays return to Tropicana Field tomorrow for a two-team, six-game homestand against the Toronto Blue Jays (May 13-15) and Detroit Tigers (May 16-18). The 2022 Rays season is presented by Bayfront Health St. Petersburg.
Friday, May 13 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- First Pitch: 7:10 p.m.
- Gates Open: 5:40 p.m.
- National Anthem: Will be performed by Julianne Tanella.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Ronnie Lane from Tampa Bay sports radio station WDAE 95.3 FM.
Saturday, May 14 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- First Pitch: 6:10 p.m.
- Gates Open: 4:40 p.m.
- Star Wars Night: Over 100 costumed entertainers will be in attendance as part of Saturday’s Star Wars Night and can be seen at Gates 1, 4 and 5, roaming the concourse and bowl, and in the Republic Bank Draft Room. To take advantage of the specialized packages that include a Star Wars Rays jersey and tickets in the Lower Reserved, 200 Level or Lower Box Preferred levels, visit RaysBaseball.com/StarWars.
- National Anthem: Will be performed by Dominic Pace.
- 7th Inning Stretch: Will be performed with Star Wars-themed costumed entertainers.
Sunday, May 15 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
- First Pitch: 1:40 p.m.
- Gates Open: 11:40 a.m.
- Promotion: Snap Bracelet presented by Spectrum. Available to all fans 14 years and under while supplies last.
- Rays Rookies Ticket Special: Members of the Rays Rookies Kids Club, presented by Hi-Chew, can receive 50 percent off tickets in the Lower Reserved and Rays Party Deck sections using the offer code sent to members via email. A maximum of six (6) tickets per account per date can be purchased.
- Moffitt Cancer Center Spring Swing: In partnership with Moffitt Cancer Center, the Rays are offering free skin cancer screenings performed by Moffitt’s skin cancer specialists. The screenings will be performed in Lot 7 from 10:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. In addition, the Rays will present a check to Dr. Vernon Sondak, Chair of Moffitt Cancer Center’s Cutaneous Oncology Department, to help fund skin cancer research.
- National Anthem: Will be performed by Pamela Ward.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Registered nurse Kimberly Lievre from Moffitt Cancer Center.
- 7th Inning Stretch: Will be performed by Finn Peplow.
- For The Kids: Sundays are Family Fun Days. Every Sunday home game will feature family fun performers, including face painters and balloon artists. In addition, the Rays will offer a pregame parade around the warning track for youth baseball and softball leagues in attendance. This season also marks the return of Kids Run the Bases following the conclusion of the game.
Monday, May 16 vs. Detroit Tigers
- First Pitch: 6:40 p.m.
- Gates Open: 5:10 p.m.
- Salute to Service: Active-duty and retired military members, as well as first responders, can receive two (2) complimentary tickets. This offer expires the night before the game at midnight. To take advantage of the offer, visit RaysBaseball.com/Military or RaysBaseball.com/FirstResponders and click the “Get Verified” button to be verified through ID.me and receive a coupon code.
- National Anthem: Will be performed by Warrior Voices from Calvary Christian High School.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Positive Coaching Alliance honors Matt Wicks, Supervisor of Athletics, P.E., Health & Drivers Ed. for Pasco County Schools.
Tuesday, May 17 vs. Detroit Tigers
- First Pitch: 6:40 p.m.
- Gates Open: 5:10 p.m.
- Tuesday’s Champion: Before every Tuesday home game, the Rays recognize a child from the Make-A-Wish Foundation or the Children’s Dream Fund as a part of the “Tuesday’s Champion” program, presented by RIPA & Associates. The Rays will recognize 10-year-old Jeydan Lopez from the Children’s Dream Fund with a ceremonial first pitch.
- National Anthem: Will be performed by Haley Mulley.
Wednesday, May 18 vs. Detroit Tigers
- First Pitch: 1:10 p.m.
- Gates Open: 11:40 a.m.
- National Anthem: Will be performed by Katie Ducharme.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Pulitzer Prize winner Rebecca Woolington from the Tampa Bay Times.
Additional Homestand Notes
- Mobile Ordering: Convenient mobile ordering is available at 15+ locations for every home game in the MLB Ballpark app. As a special offer for this homestand, fans can use the promo code FIRSTORDER to receive $3 off their first mobile order. Limit of one discount per customer.
- Papa John’s Rays 6 Promotion: When the Rays score six or more runs in both home and away games, fans can receive 50 percent off pizzas on their online order the next day at PapaJohns.com or the Papa John’s Official app.
- Kane’s Furniture 10K Promotion: If Rays pitchers strike out 10 batters during a home game, take your mobile ticket located in the MLB Ballpark app or a print-at-home voucher to any Kane’s Furniture store within five days and receive a coupon for one free taco, chips and medium fountain drink at participating area Tijuana Flats locations. Restrictions apply. For more information, visit KanesStrikeout.com.
- Lowe’s Home Runs for Hope: For every home run Rays infielder Brandon Lowe hits, he and his wife, Madison, will donate $100 to the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay. The Rays Baseball Foundation will also contribute $100 per home run in support of Lowe’s “Home Runs for Hope” campaign. The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay provides a range of services to ensure that no one in the community has to face a crisis alone. It is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year as the community gateway to help. People who are struggling with a variety of crisis situations including sexual assault or abuse, domestic violence, financial distress, substance abuse, medical emergency, suicidal thoughts and other emotional or situational problems can connect to hope and healing.
- Mental Health Awareness: As part of Mental Health Awareness Month and in honor of former Rays bullpen catcher Jean Ramirez, who died by suicide in January, the Rays are hosting an online auction that includes the No. 98 Ramirez jerseys worn by players and a pair of cleats designed by Ramirez and worn by Brandon Lowe during the March 25 spring training game, autographed baseballs, DEX Imaging Home Plate Club seats, luxury suite packages and other memorabilia contributed by players and coaches who worked alongside Jean. The auction runs through May 18 and the proceeds will benefit the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay. Fans can participate at RaysBaseball.com/Auctions.
- Budweiser Good Sport Designated Driver Program: Pledge to be a designated driver by abstaining from alcohol and signing up via the MLB Ballpark app. Provide your contact information, follow the confirmation link in your inbox and show at Gate 3 Guest Services. Each fan who signs up will receive a small cup good for soda or water at Coca-Cola Refresh Stations. One winner each game will also receive a Rays hat.
- 50/50 Charity Raffle: For all home games, fans can obtain 50/50 charity raffle tickets at Tropicana Field and online at RaysBaseball.com/5050. Online raffle tickets are open to all persons who are in the State of Florida (excluding Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties) and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Fans who obtain their raffle tickets prior to first pitch will receive twice the amount of entries for their donation. Proceeds from the 50/50 charity raffle benefit the Rays Baseball Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization and the official charity of the Rays.
- Rays Rookies Kids Club: The Rays Rookies Kids Club, presented by Hi-Chew, is back for the 2022 season. For $30, members receive exclusive items, including a backpack, snapback hat and baseball seam bracelet. Members receive 50 percent off tickets to select home games plus access to exclusive events and experiences at Tropicana Field, including priority access to Kids Run the Bases. For more information or to purchase a membership, visit RaysBaseball.com/RaysRookies.