This weekend, the Phillies will host the Miami Marlins at Citizens Bank Park (September 27-29), during the final series of the 2019 season. Below are the top things to know.
1. Before Friday’s 7:05 p.m. game, Rhys Hoskins will be honored on-field as the club’s nominee for the 2019 MLB Roberto Clemente Award and Phillies Major League Community Service Award winner. In keeping with Clemente’s philanthropic legacy, Phillies minor league players will also be recognized for their charity work with the Step Up Awards.
· The Phillies will be celebrating the life and legacy of Roberto Clemente – and with it, honoring Hoskins for his extraordinary work in the community, including his support of the Muscular Dystrophy Association of Philadelphia. Fans can vote for Hoskins to receive MLB’s Roberto Clemente Award until September 29 at mlb.com/clemente21.
· The club will also honor their minor league players with the highest number of volunteer hours including Damon Jones, Lehigh Valley IronPigs; Aaron Brown, Reading Fightin Phils; Danny Mayer, Clearwater Threshers; Cole Stobbe, Lakewood BlueClaws; and Logan O’Hoppe, Williamsport Crosscutters. As part of this season’s Step Up Program, Phillies minor league players volunteered over 950 hours.
· In addition, Roberto Clemente will be celebrated with special bases, lineup cards and a tribute video.
2. Also on Friday, it’s Strike Out Cancer Night, with a special Theme Night ticket offer and activities.
3. Celebrate Dominican Night sponsored by Atlantino LLC at Saturday’s 6:05 p.m. game. Also: Grammy Award-winning musician Questlove will present a check for $10,000 to the CAPA Foundation and Philadelphia 76ers’ forward Mike Scott will throw a ceremonial first pitch. Plus, it’s Bud & Burger Night at Boardwalk Eats: enjoy Budweiser and burger specials, and meet 1993 NL Champ Mickey Morandini, 4:30-5:45 p.m.
· Stop by the First Base Plaza for Dominican Night activities including a specialty photo booth that turns fans into baseball players and pregame performance by Tipico Head.
· Players and coaches from the Dominican Republic will be recognized, and during batting practice, players will wear “Ponle Acento” t-shirts (also in awareness of Hispanic Heritage Month).
*4. Join the Phillies for prizes and surprises at the final game of the season on Sunday at 3:05 p.m. Plus, fans will receive a PGW 2020 Schedule Fathead featuring Bryce Harper, and Phillies’ alum Dickie Noles will receive the team’s highest honor: the Richie Ashburn & David Montgomery Special Achievement Award.
· Prior to the game, Lyn Montgomery, wife of the late Phillies Chairman David Montgomery, and John Ashburn, son of the late Phillies’ Hall of Famer and broadcaster Richie Ashburn, will present alum and Employee Assistance Professional Dickie Noles with the Richie Ashburn & David Montgomery Special Achievement Award, presented annually to an employee who demonstrates the same loyalty, dedication and passion for baseball as the award’s namesakes.
· During the game, one lucky fan will win a 2020 Toyota Corolla, the grand prize of Toyota’s ‘The Phans That Drive Us’ car-giveaway sweepstakes. Stop by Section 148 to check out the car on Sunday.
*5. Throughout Fan Appreciation Weekend, take part in the final Phillies Charities, Inc. Auction, as well as enjoy special savings and a Bryce Harper giveaway at the New Era Phillies Team Store.**
· Bid on autographed memorabilia – including authenticated Bryce Harper signed items – via the MLB Ballpark App until September 30. Items will also be on display at the First Base Plaza.
· The New Era Phillies Team Store will feature specials including: save $15 for every $40 spent in store; 2 for $40 mix and match player t-shirts; and a free Bryce Harper bobblehead with a purchase of $150 or more. Check out @philliesNEstore for details. *offers subject to change and availability, exclusions may apply.
Other need-to-know information:
- Traffic Alert: Please be aware of restrictions on I-76 throughout the weekend for construction in Center City Philadelphia. Motorists will be directed to use alternate routes; click here for details. Also, there will be multiple events in the Sports Complex on September 28-29, and some parking lots may be unavailable. Fans are encouraged to plan ahead. Log on to www.511pa.com, www.511nj.orgor call 511 to check traffic conditions. Transit services are also available; please visit www.septa.org for a SEPTA schedule.
- Gate Openings: The main gates open 1½ hours prior to game time, with the Left Field Gate/Ashburn Alley and a portion of the Third Base Gate granting access to Pass and Stow open 2 hours before the game.
- Parking Lot Openings: All parking lots open 5 hours prior to game time.
- Broadcast Information: The games will air on NBCSP and will be available via live stream for authenticated subscribers on NBC Sports Philadelphia’s MyTeams app. All games will also be broadcast on WIP (94.1 FM) and WTTM (1680 AM - Spanish).
- MLB Ballpark App:Features mobile entry into the ballpark, food and beverage finder, check-in offers, rewards and exclusive content.