MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL, MN – With single-game tickets for the remaining 2021 home schedule set to go on-sale at noon CT tomorrow (Thursday, May 20) via twinsbaseball.com and the MLB Ballpark app, and with Target Field returning to up to 80 percent capacity in June and full, 100 percent capacity beginning in July, the Minnesota Twins today unveiled the club’s special events and promotions schedule, along with the return of special ticket programs. Additionally, the Twins announced that, beginning May 24, single-compartment bags (maximum size of 16”x16”x8”) and outside food (except sunflower seeds) will again be allowed into Target Field (specifics on page two); however, to expedite entry into the ballpark, it is recommended for guests to come without bags whenever possible.
The Twins’ planned 2021 theme nights will be announced at a later date.
2021 Special Events and Promotions Highlights
The return of promotional giveaways and special events at Target Field begins with every home date in June and continues with a total of 38 such games over the Twins’ final 52 scheduled home contests of the 2021 regular season (including at least one during each home weekend series from June through September). Among the highlights:
- June-a-Palooza: After having a closed 2020 season and reduced capacity with added restrictions at the beginning of the 2021 campaign, the Twins will celebrate the start of summer with a giveaway at each of the club’s 12 scheduled home games in June.
- 1991 World Series Champions 30**th** Anniversary Celebration: On this, the 30th anniversary of the best Fall Classic ever played, the Twins will honor their iconic 1991 World Series Champions with an on-field celebration prior to the Saturday, August 14 game against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Twins Hall of Fame Weekend: A year after his election, 2006 American League MVP Justin Morneau will finally become the 34th inductee into the Twins Hall of Fame on September 25 (vs. Toronto), while the first 10,000 fans in attendance will receive a Morneau Hall of Fame Bobblehead presented by the Sheboygan Sausage Company. Also, the first 5,000 fans in attendance on September 28 (vs. Detroit) will get a Morneau Hall of Fame Collectors’ Pin.
- Fan Appreciation Weekend and Kids Appreciation Day: The final home weekend of the 2021 regular season occurs September 23-26 as the Twins host the Toronto Blue Jays. The first 20,000 fans through the gates for both Fan Appreciation Weekend games presented by Caribou Coffee (September 23 and 24) will receive a Twins Stocking Cap; on Kids Appreciation Day presented by Target (September 26), the first 5,000 children 12-and-under in attendance will receive a T.C. Kids Mug.
- Bobbleheads: The Twins are offering a pair of stand-alone bobbleheads (separate from Twins Hall of Fame Weekend) that were originally scheduled for the 2020 season. The first, presented by Pentair, portrays “The Bringer of Rain” – third baseman Josh Donaldson in his uniform #24 from his debut Twins campaign (July 23 vs. Los Angeles-AL; first 10,000 fans). The second is a unique statuette, presented by Delta Air Lines (originally scheduled for 2020), honoring the five members of the 2019 Twins’ record-setting “Bomba Squad” to reach 30 home runs (this “Bomba Club” was also a single-season MLB standard): Nelson Cruz, Mitch Garver, Max Kepler, Miguel Sanó and Eddie Rosario (July 10 vs. Detroit; first 10,000 fans).
- Clothing and Apparel: Clothing favorites, along with new items, are on the docket, including a Corduroy Twins Bomber Cap presented by Pepsi (June 8 vs. New York-AL; first 5,000 fans); a Josh Donaldson “Bringer of Rain” Umbrella Hat (June 11 vs. Houston; first 5,000 fans); a Baby Blue Twins Replica Jersey presented by Mauer Auto Group (July 9 vs. Detroit; first 10,000 fans); and a Twins T-Shirt presented by Pioneer (August 28 vs. Milwaukee; first 10,000 fans).
- For the Kids: Younger Twins fans are sure to enjoy the T.C. Build-a-Bear presented by U.S. Bank (August 15 vs. Tampa Bay; first 5,000 kids 12-and-under); T.C. Back to School Bag presented by Target (July 24 and 25 vs. Los Angeles-AL; first 5,000 kids 12-and-under); Case IH Tractor Toy presented by Case IH (August 29 vs. Milwaukee; first 5,000 kids 12-and-under); and Kids Appreciation Day presented by Target (September 26 vs. Toronto).
- Celebrations: The Twins are again recognizing several groups and communities, including Pride Night presented by Target (July 6 vs. Chicago-AL; those who purchase this Theme Night package, available at a later date, will receive a customizable Twins/Pride Night jersey with their personal pronoun of choice); Celebrate Diversity Day presented Prairie Island Indian Community (July 22 vs. Los Angeles-AL; first 10,000 fans will receive a Celebrate Diversity Day T-Shirt presented by Treasure Island Resort & Casino) and Native American Heritage Celebration presented by Prairie Island Indian Community (August 9 vs. Chicago-AL). Additionally, the Twins will hold a special Negro Leagues Celebration (August 27 vs. Milwaukee; first 10,000 fans receive a St. Paul Gophers short bill cap); Dominican Republic Day presented by Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism (August 31 vs. Chicago-NL); Lee County Day presented by The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel (September 10 vs. Kansas City) and Armed Forces Appreciation Day presented by Thomson Reuters (September 12 vs. Kansas City).
- Remembrances: The Twins will pay special tribute to former bench coach Mike Bell, who passed away during Spring Training following a bout with cancer, when the Cincinnati Reds – managed by Mike’s brother, David Bell – come to Target Field on June 21. Later in the season, the Twins and Kansas City Royals will join all of Major League Baseball in remembering the 20th anniversary of September 11, 2001 by honoring those whose lives were lost or affected on that tragic day.
The Twins’ full 2021 special events and promotions schedule, as of May 19, follows.
2021 Special Ticket Programs
The Twins are also reintroducing a wide array of daily ticket programs for the remainder or the 2021 campaign; highlights are below, while full details follow.
- Daily programs beginning in June (with 80 percent capacity): Treasure Island Resort & Casino Senior Days (Monday-Thursday day games); Military Discount presented by Bally Sports North (Monday-Thursday, beginning in mid- to late-June); Dollar-A-Dog Day (Wednesdays since May); U.S. Bank Meal Deal (Thursdays); Friday Night Fireworks presented by Securian Financial (Friday nights from June-August); and Cub Family Section with media partner Bally Sports North (every game).
- Daily programs beginning in July (with 100 percent capacity): Kids Day presented by Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare (Sundays); All You Can Eat presented by Bally Sports North (Monday and Tuesday night games); and Student Day presented by Rasmussen University (Wednesdays).
Target Field Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
There are no longer physical distancing requirements at Target Field. All guests at Target Field are strongly encouraged, but not required, to wear face coverings while in the ballpark’s outdoor spaces, except when actively eating or drinking. Per current City of Minneapolis ordinance, face coverings remain mandated while in the ballpark’s indoor dining, bar and retail areas, unless actively eating or drinking. Capacity limits for Target Field’s indoor dining and bar areas will be lifted beginning May 28.
Beginning May 24, outside food (except sunflower seeds, which remain prohibited) and single-compartment bags (maximum size of 16”x16”x8”) are again allowed into Target Field (these include purses, clutch purses, single-compartment tote bags, clear bags, drawstring bags, diaper bags, single-compartment, soft-sided coolers and medically-necessary items). Backpacks, multi-compartment laptop bags, duffel bags or any bags over the size requirement are not allowed into the ballpark. To expedite entry into Target Field, the Twins recommend that guests come without bags whenever possible.
The Twins’ extensive cleaning, disinfecting and sanitization measures will continue throughout the season, as will the ability to pre-reserve preferred, discounted game day parking in Ramps A & B and the Hawthorne Ramp. For the most up-do-date information on Target Field health and safety policies and procedures, which will continue evolving to meet current public health guidelines, please visit twinsbaseball.com/playitsafe.
2021 TWINS SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROMOTIONS SCHEDULE (AS OF MAY 19)
**DATE EVENT/GIVEAWAY PRESENTED BY ELIGIBLE **
June 8 vs. NYY Corduroy Twins Bomber Cap Pepsi 1st 5,000 fans
June 9 vs. NYY Reusable Twins Tote MLB Network 1st 5,000 fans
June 10 vs. NYY Twins Helmet Water Bottle Pentair 1st 5,000 fans
June 11 vs. HOU Josh Donaldson “Bringer of Rain” Umbrella Hat 1st 5,000 fans
June 12 vs. HOU Reusable Twins Tote MLB Network 1st 5,000 fans
June 13 vs. HOU Reusable Twins Tote MLB Network 1st 5,000 fans
June 21 vs. CIN Mike Bell Tribute Night
June 21 Reusable Twins Tote MLB Network 1st 5,000 fans
June 22 vs. CIN Knit Can Koozie Budweiser 1st 5,000 fans 21+
June 24 vs. CLE Reusable Twins Tote MLB Network 1st 5,000 fans
June 25 vs. CLE Knit Can Koozie Budweiser 1st 5,000 fans 21+
June 26 vs. CLE Reusable Twins Tote MLB Network 1st 5,000 fans
June 27 vs. CLE Reusable Twins Tote MLB Network 1st 5,000 fans
July 6 vs. CWS Pride Night** Target Theme Night Package
July 9 vs. DET Baby Blue Replica Twins Jersey Mauer Auto Group 1st 10,000 fans (Adult M/XL)
July 10 vs. DET 30-HR “Bomba Club” Bobblehead Delta Air Lines 1st 10,000 fans
July 11 vs. DET Twins Photo Magnet Schedule Star Tribune 1st 10,000 fans
July 22 vs. LAA Celebrate Diversity Day Prairie Island Indian Community
July 22 Celebrate Diversity Day T-Shirt Treasure Island Resort & Casino 1st 10,000 fans
July 23 vs. LAA Josh Donaldson “Bringer of Rain” Bobblehead Pentair 1st 10,000 fans
July 24-25 vs. LAA Back to School Weekend & T.C. Back to School Bag Target 1st 5,000 kids 12 & under
July 28 vs. DET TOPPS Baseball Card Giveaway TOPPS 1st 20,000 fans
August 9 vs. CWS Native American Heritage Celebration Prairie Island Indian Community
August 10 vs. CWS LED Energy Efficient Light Bulb Xcel Energy All fans (postgame)
August 14 vs. TB 1991 World Series 30th Anniversary Celebration
August 15 vs. TB T.C. Build-A-Bear U.S. Bank 1st 5,000 kids 12 & under
August 27 vs. MIL Negro Leagues Celebration
August 27 St. Paul Gophers Short Bill Cap 1st 10,000 fans
August 28 vs. MIL Twins T-Shirt Pioneer 1st 10,000 fans (Adult M/XL)
August 29 vs. MIL Case IH Tractor Toy Case IH 1st 5,000 kids 12 & under
August 31 vs. CHC Dominican Republic Day Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism
September 1 vs. CHC Education Night Rasmussen University
September 10 vs. KC Lee County Day The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel
September 11 vs. KC 20th Anniversary of 9/11 Remembrance
September 12 vs. KC Armed Forces Appreciation Day Thomson Reuters
September 15 vs. CLE Roberto Clemente Day MLB
Sept. 23-24 vs. TOR Fan Appreciation Weekend Caribou Coffee
Sept. 23-24 Twins Stocking Cap Caribou Coffee 1st 20,000 fans
September 25 vs. TOR Justin Morneau Twins HOF Induction
September 25 Justin Morneau Twins HOF Bobblehead Sheboygan Sausage Company 1st 10,000 fans
September 26 vs. TOR Kids Appreciation Day & T.C. Kids Mug Target 1st 5,000 kids 12 & under
September 28 vs. DET Justin Morneau Twins HOF Collectors’ Pin
*Promotions and Special Events are subject to change without notice.
**Pride Night will feature a customizable, personal pronoun Twins/Pride Night jersey available exclusively with the purchase of that specific Theme Night package.
2021 TWINS SPECIAL TICKET PROGRAMS (DAILY, BEGINNING IN JUNE)
Monday-Thursday (Day Games)—Treasure Island Resort & Casino Senior Days: Fans 55 and better receive a $5 discount on Field Box, Treasure Island Cove and Left Field Bleacher tickets (starting at $14 per ticket) for all weekday day games.
Monday-Thursday (beginning in mid-to-late June)—Military Discount presented by Bally Sports North: Active military members or veterans with a valid ID plus up to three guests receive half-price Diamond Box High or Home Plate View tickets (starting at $10 per ticket) for every Monday through Thursday game. Available at GovX.com. Visit twinsbaseball.com/military for details.
Wednesday—Dollar-A-Dog Day: Every Wednesday, hot dogs are just $1 at the Hennepin Grille and Taste of Twins Territory concession stands.
Thursday—U.S. Bank Meal Deal: Every Thursday, fans can purchase a U.S. Bank Home Run Porch View or Field Box High Ticket (starting at $14 per ticket) and receive a FREE hot dog and Pepsi.
Friday—Friday Night Fireworks presented by Securian Financial: Fans are treated to postgame fireworks following every Friday night game from June through August.
Every Game—Cub Family Section with media partner Bally Sports North: Tickets in the alcohol-free family section include a FREE hot dog and Pepsi (starting at $15 per ticket).
2021 TWINS SPECIAL TICKET PROGRAMS (DAILY, BEGINNING IN JULY)
Sunday—Kids Day presented by Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare: Every Sunday, kids’ meals are half price — just $4! (Further details, including potential returns of pregame autographs and/or postgame running the bases, are to be determined).
Monday and Tuesday—All You Can Eat presented by Bally Sports North: On Monday and Tuesday evening games, fans can enjoy the All You Can Eat package, which includes a Grandstand ticket and access to unlimited ballpark food and beverage favorites.
Wednesday—Student Day presented by Rasmussen University: Every Wednesday, Ballpark Access tickets are just $5 for students—available via the MLB Ballpark app! Plus, students can download a free Metro Transit ride pass.
2021 TWINS SPECIAL PROGRAMS (SEASON-LONG)
Split the Pot Raffle: Every home game, the Minnesota Twins Split the Pot raffle benefits the Twins Community Fund. One lucky winner will take home a share of the proceeds from that day’s raffle.