MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL, MN – The unofficial start of the 2023 baseball season is set for this weekend, as more than 60 current, former and future Minnesota Twins players and coaches will be in Minneapolis for a trio of TwinsFest events: TwinsFest Live! from 7 to 10 p.m. on Friday, January 27 at The Fillmore Minneapolis; Signature Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, January 28 at Target Field; and the Futures Clinic from 10 to 11:30 a.m. (youth ages 6-12) and 1 to 2:30 p.m. (youth ages 13-18) at Urban Ventures, also on Saturday, January 28.
Tickets Available for TwinsFest Live! on Friday, January 27
Tickets for the inaugural TwinsFest Live! (featuring a voucher good for 1 complimentary ticket to any April home game, excluding the Home Opener on Thursday, April 6) are available now at twins.com/twinsfest. Signature Saturday is sold out, while all spots for the Futures Clinics have been filled.
All proceeds benefit the Minnesota Twins Community Fund and its efforts to improve lives and strengthen communities throughout Twins Territory.
Players, Alumni and Coaches Scheduled to Attend
More than 60 current, former and future Twins players and coaches are scheduled to attend all or parts of TwinsFest 2023. The lineup as of today includes, among others (for a full list, please visit twins.com/twinsfest):
- Superstar shortstop Carlos Correa; new starting pitcher Pablo López and fellow offseason acquisitions Kyle Farmer, Joey Gallo and Christian Vázquez; 2022 rookie standouts Jhoan Duran, Jose Miranda, Jovani Moran, Joe Ryan and Josh Winder; veterans Kenta Maeda, Jorge Polanco and Caleb Thielbar; and other returning favorites such as Nick Gordon, Griffin Jax, Ryan Jeffers, Alex Kirilloff, Trevor Larnach, Jorge López, Trevor Megill, Bailey Ober and Chris Paddack.
- Many of the Twins’ top prospects, including those who showcased immense potential in their 2022 major league debuts (Royce Lewis, Louie Varland, Matt Wallner and Simeon Woods Richardson) and those next to make the jump (2022 first-round draft pick and top-ranked prospect Brooks Lee, along with Jordan Balazovic, Matt Canterino and Austin Martin).
- Manager Rocco Baldelli and much of his 2023 coaching staff.
- National Baseball Hall of Famers Bert Blyleven, Rod Carew, Paul Molitor and Tony Oliva, along with Twins Hall of Famers Michael Cuddyer, Ron Gardenhire, Dan Gladden, Kent Hrbek, Justin Morneau and Joe Nathan.
- Franchise icon Joe Mauer; World Series champions Juan Berenguer, Tim Laudner, Gene Larkin and Roy Smalley; Twins special assistant and television analyst LaTroy Hawkins; current television analyst and former All-Star closer Glen Perkins; and fan favorites Corey Koskie, Al Newman and Trevor Plouffe.
Friday, January 27: TwinsFest Live! (7:00 to 10:00 p.m. at The Fillmore Minneapolis)
The inaugural TwinsFest Live! at The Fillmore Minneapolis features the debut of an exclusive, intimate and entertainment-filled evening with current and former Twins players, along with club coaches, broadcasters and front office personnel.
In addition to meet-and-greet and photo opportunities with Twins players and coaches past and present, the evening will feature interactive games in partnership with Mic Drop Entertainment, celebrity bartenders, an appearance by Twins mascot T.C., a live performance by premier tribute band Arch Allies and more.
Saturday, January 28: Signature Saturday (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Target Field) – SOLD OUT
The sold-out Signature Saturday delivers a daylong celebration of Twins Baseball at Target Field, with the return of autograph stations with Twins players, coaches, alumni and broadcasters; interactive games such as indoor miniature golf; Twins memorabilia displays and card shows; kids-themed areas including face painting and visits from Twins mascot T.C.; a merchandise “Yard Sale”; and more! Additionally, Twins broadcast personalities will partner with News Talk 830 WCCO for live interviews, baseball talk and a fan-led Q&A session from inside the ballpark and delivered on the radio throughout Twins Territory.
The first 3,000 fans through the Target Field gates on Signature Saturday will receive a voucher good for one complimentary ticket to any Twins home game in April 2023 (excluding the Home Opener on Thursday, April 6) and a free Twins beanie courtesy of Caribou Coffee.
Saturday, January 28: Futures Clinic (10:00 to 11:30 a.m. for youth ages 6-12 and 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. for youth ages 13-18; both at Urban Ventures) – ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED
In partnership with Urban Ventures, a South Minneapolis-based nonprofit that provides cradle-to-career support for youth and families, the Twins and the Minnesota Twins Community Fund are proud to introduce the TwinsFest Futures Clinic. During two sessions (morning for youth ages 6-12 and afternoon for ages 13-18), youth players will have the opportunity to get ready for their 2023 seasons by learning from their favorite Twins players, coaches and alumni in an indoor drills and fundamentals-based setting. _Please note that all spots for the 2023 Futures Clinics have been filled and registration is now closed. _