CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox today announced highlights scheduled for Pride Night, presented by Vizzy, on Thursday, June 23 vs. Baltimore at 7:10 p.m. CT.
The first 10,000 fans (ages 21+) who enter the ballpark will receive an exclusive Pride T-Shirt, presented by Vizzy, and designed by Chicago-based LGBTQ+ artist Katie Lukes (@lukeskatie on Instagram).
All fans are encouraged to be in their seats at least 30 minutes prior to first pitch for the following pregame celebrations:
- National Anthem performed by members of the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus
- Ceremonial first pitch by Naysha Lopez, 2013 Miss Continental and former contestant on RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 8
- Ceremonial first pitch LaSaia Wade, founder and executive director of Brave Space Alliance, the first Black-led, trans-led LGBTQ+ center on Chicago’s South Side
- Ceremonial first pitch by Julianne Sitch, former Chicago Red Stars player and head men’s soccer coach at University of Chicago. Sitch is the second woman to currently serve as head coach of a NCAA men’s soccer team.
- Pregame ceremony recognizing Chaneyville, an all-girls baseball team supported by the White Sox, and the 50**th** anniversary of Title IX
As part of the organization’s celebration of Sox Serve Week, wives and significant others of the players and coaches will welcome teens from Howard Brown Health (HBH) and Center on Halsted to enjoy Pride Night from a ballpark suite. A local artist will join the group to design and paint sneakers for Chicago’s upcoming Pride Parade, where fans also will see Sox mascot Southpaw and the White Sox Street Team. HBH and Center on Halsted are two of the largest and most comprehensive local organizations committed to eliminating the disparities in healthcare experienced by the LGBTQ+ community.
White Sox closer Liam Hendriks – who, alongside his wife Kristi, is a long-standing supporter of the LGBTQ+ community – will raise the Pride Flag at Guaranteed Rate Field. Fans also can stop by the Charities Corner in Section 154 and White Sox Charities kiosks to pick up their own complimentary South Slydah Society-branded Pride flag, courtesy of the Hendriks family, while supplies last. Since joining the organization in January 2021, the Hendriks family has devoted countless volunteer hours and resources to support HBH pop-up vaccination clinics, LGBTQ+-owned businesses and other local non-profits dedicated to inclusivity as part of their South Slydah Society.
Further recognizing the 50th anniversary of Title IX being signed into law on June 23, 1972, the White Sox will welcome members of the all-girls travel baseball team, Chaneyville, for a special pregame ceremony. With all tournaments funded by White Sox Charities, the reigning Baseball for All National Girls Baseball Tournament Champions compete against all boys travel teams and will defend their national title in Mesa, Arizona in late July.
For the most up-to-date information about the 2022 fan experience, including upcoming theme nights, details about mobile ticketing, parking, concessions and more at Guaranteed Rate Field, visit whitesox.com/ballpark.
Single-game tickets for all other home games as well as full, partial and group ticket packages for the season are available now. For the full schedule and more information, visit whitesox.com.