The Tampa Bay Rays return to Tropicana Field tomorrow for a six-game homestand against the Texas Rangers (July 21-23) and Baltimore Orioles (July 24-26). The Rays went 4-2 on their road trip to start the second half and return home for the first time since the All-Star break. The 2017
The Tampa Bay Rays return to Tropicana Field tomorrow for a six-game homestand against the Texas Rangers (July 21-23) and Baltimore Orioles (July 24-26). The Rays went 4-2 on their road trip to start the second half and return home for the first time since the All-Star break. The 2017 Rays Baseball season is presented by Tampa General Hospital.
The homestand begins with the Rays hosting the Texas Rangers for a three-game set starting on Friday, July 21, with the first of two consecutive 7:10 p.m. start times. When gates open prior to Saturday's game, the first 15,000 fans will receive a DJ Kitty Onesie presented by Suncoast Credit Union. The series concludes on Sunday afternoon with a 1:10 p.m. start. Prior to Sunday's game, all kids 14 and under will receive a Chris Archer Emoji Pillow presented by Moffitt Cancer Center. All promotional items are available while supplies last.
The homestand continues on Monday, July 24, when the Rays begin a three-game series with the Baltimore Orioles. The first two games of the series on Monday, July 24 and Tuesday, July 25 are slated for 7:10 p.m. starts. The homestand concludes on Wednesday, July 26 with the team's second and final 12:10 p.m. start time of the season. Prior to Wednesday's game, all kids 14 and under will receive Cheer Sticks.
Family Fun Days, presented by Tampa General Hospital, continue on Sunday, July 23. Family Fun Days will feature free parking for cars with four or more passengers. For the fourth consecutive season, concourse activities will be complimentary for kids 14 years and under. Activities include Power Alley Batting Cage, Speed Pitch, Raymond's Art Studio, Topps Make Your Own Baseball Card and the Grand Slam Alley, courtesy of GameTime. Extra entertainers will also perform on Sundays, including face painters, airbrush tattoo artists, magicians, caricaturists, stilt walkers, jugglers and balloon artists. In addition, every Sunday home game, two Rays players will sign autographs for kids 14 years and under along the right field stands from 12:00-12:30 p.m.
The Rays are also offering new weekday specials throughout the season including:
• Monday-Salute to Service Monday presented by Suncoast Credit Union: Military, Teachers and First Responders have the opportunity to receive two (2) complimentary tickets to all six (6) Monday home games, ten (10) additional bonus dates and special ticket offers throughout the season. Military, Teachers and First Responders are encouraged to visit raysbaseball.com/specials to sign up. Affiliation will be verified by ID.me, a third-party MLB approved verification service. Tickets will be made available one week prior to each scheduled game date.
• Tuesday-$2 Kids Tuesdays presented by Morgan Auto Group: For all Tuesday home games, tickets for kids 14 years and under are $2 with the purchase of a full-price adult ticket. $2 Hot Dogs, presented by Kayem Franks, will also be available for all fans for all Tuesday home dates. A total of 35,567 hot dogs have been sold during the first six Tuesdays of the season.
• Wednesday-Ballpark App Wednesdays presented by MLB.com: For all Wednesday home games, fans may purchase half-priced Lower Corner and Upper Level tickets exclusively through the MLB.com Ballpark App. Wednesdays will also feature Ballpark Bingo presented by 7-Eleven, where Rays fans can play against each other each week for a chance to win prizes. To access special ticket offers, Rays Ballpark Bingo and other exclusive promotions throughout
the season, fans are encouraged to download the MLB.com Ballpark App from the App Store, Google Play or raysbaseball.com/ballparkapp.
• Thursday-Senior Special Thursdays presented by Duke Energy: For all Thursday home games, Press Level tickets for fans 60 years and older are only $15.
• Friday-$7.11 Fridays presented by 7-Eleven: For all Friday home games, fans may purchase Upper Level tickets for only $7.11. To take advantage of this special price, fans should visit a participating local 7-Eleven store and pick up the Rays Friday night discount coupon. The coupon code will be redeemable online at raysbaseball.com/specials or at the Tropicana Field Box Office. Each coupon will be good for up to four (4) tickets. $5 Budweiser and Bud Light drafts will be available to purchase for fans 21 years and older at the Budweiser Porch in Center Field. Please drink responsibly.
COMING UP AT THE REPUBLIC BANK DRAFT ROOM
-Before the game on Saturday, July 22 at 7:10 p.m., WWE Superstar Titus O'Neil will sign autographs from 6:00-6:30 p.m. in the Republic Bank Draft Room.
CHRISTMAS IN JULY
-The Rays will be hosting "Christmas in July" at Tropicana Field on Sunday, July 23. There will be Christmas themed entertainment and characters throughout the concourse, including toy soldiers on stilts, elves and Santa Claus. Additionally, Salvation Army will collect new, unwrapped toys and donations outside Gate 1 and Gate 4 prior to the game on Sunday. Each fan who donates will receive a voucher for two (2) tickets to a future 2017 Rays home game.
USA POWER TOUR HOME RUN DERBY
-The World's Greatest Softball Home Run Hitters, the USA Power Tour, is coming to Tropicana Field on Sunday, July 23. Prior to that day's game, eight men will compete in a pregame Home Run Derby on the field starting at 12:00 p.m.
JAMEIS WINSTON TO THROW FIRST PITCH
-Prior to the game on Sunday, July 23 at 1:10 p.m., current Tampa Bay Buccaneers starting quarterback and former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
SENIOR SPECIAL BONUS DATE
-The Rays have extended their Senior Special promotion, presented by Duke Energy, to include the game on Wednesday, July 26 at 12:10 p.m. Fans 60 years of age and older have the opportunity to purchase Press Level tickets for $15. This special ticket offer is available online at raysbaseball.com/specials and the Tropicana Field Box Office.
-Monday-Thursday, 1½ hours prior to first pitch; Friday-Sunday, 2 hours prior to first pitch. *Exception to normal gate time: Wednesday, July 26 (12:10 p.m. start), as gates will be open 2 hours prior to first pitch.