SAN DIEGO – The San Diego Padres have finalized their Opening Day roster, President of Baseball Operations & General Manager A.J. Preller announced today.
The club has selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Nabil Crismatt and optioned outfielder Brian O’Grady to the alternate training site.
The following players have been placed on the 10-day Injured List:
- Right-handers Austin Adams (right elbow strain), Dan Altavilla (right calf strain), Javy Guerra (right elbow sprain), Pierce Johnson (right adductor groin strain) and Dinelson Lamet (right UCL strain)
- Left-hander Matt Strahm (right patellar tendon repair)
- Catcher Austin Nola (left middle finger fracture)
- Outfielders Trent Grisham (left hamstring strain) and Jorge Oña (right elbow inflammation)
In addition, right-hander Michel Baez (right elbow surgery) has been placed on the 60-day IL.
The Opening Day roster features nine right-handed pitchers, five left-handers, two catchers, five infielders, three outfielders and two utility players. Six players are making their first appearance on a Major League Opening Day roster, including Luis Campusano, Ha-Seong Kim, Tucupita Marcano, Jorge Mateo, Adrian Morejon and Ryan Weathers. With today’s announcements, the Padres currently have a full 40-man roster.
- RHP (9): Nabil Crismatt, Yu Darvish, Keone Kela, Mark Melancon, Joe Musgrove, Chris Paddack, Emilio Pagán, Craig Stammen, Taylor Williams
- LHP (5): Tim Hill, Adrian Morejon, Drew Pomeranz, Blake Snell, Ryan Weathers
- C (2): Luis Campusano, Victor Caratini
- INF (5): Jake Cronenworth, Eric Hosmer, Ha-Seong Kim, Manny Machado, Fernando Tatis Jr.
- OF (3): Wil Myers, Tommy Pham, Jurickson Profar
- UTL (2): Tucupita Marcano, Jorge Mateo