The Kansas City Royals will return home to host the Cleveland Indians (August 18-20) and Colorado Rockies (August 22-24). Scheduled events include KU Night (August 18), Legends Night (August 19) and Cruise to The K Classic Car Show (August 20). Fans will also be able to pick up a couple
The Kansas City Royals will return home to host the Cleveland Indians (August 18-20) and Colorado Rockies (August 22-24). Scheduled events include KU Night (August 18), Legends Night (August 19) and Cruise to The K Classic Car Show (August 20). Fans will also be able to pick up a couple of giveaways: the Royals Hall of Fame Kevin Appier bobblehead (August 19) and Golf Visor (August 22).
In addition, from August 18-20, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. will display its "clear" trailer at Kauffman Stadium. This is the final stop of a cross-country tour, and fans will get to learn about the logistical challenges of this unique trailer and will have the opportunity to win World Series tickets by guessing the number of baseballs held inside.
Friday, August 18 - Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· KU Night - Supporters of the University of Kansas will join fellow Jayhawks fans for an evening of big-league action presented by FOX Sports Kansas City and Rally House. The first 3,500 fans who purchased Theme Tickets for this sold-out event will receive a limited edition white-and-blue KC Royals Jayhawks cap (photo attached). Gates open at 5:30 p.m., and cap redemption will continue until the end of the 2nd inning.
· Buck Night - On Fridays during the summer, fans can enjoy Buck Night as hot dogs and peanuts are just $1 each, courtesy of Heinz and Price Chopper. Visit ww.royals.com/fanvalue.
· Summer Fireworks - Catch the final fireworks show of the season following the game, presented by Popsicle and Price Chopper.
Saturday, August 19 - Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
· Royals Hall of Fame Bobblehead: Kevin Appier - The first 20,000 fans will receive a bobblehead of Royals Hall of Famer Kevin Appier, courtesy of Commerce Bank (photo attached).
· Legends Night - The Royals are excited to host the fourth annual Legends Night, courtesy of Royals Authentics. Appier, the Club's all-time strikeout leader, will meet fans and sign autographs at the Royals Authentics store from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Also, the first 10,000 fans through the gates will receive a scratch-off giveaway card for a chance to win a Royals Authentics prize. For more information, visit www.royals.com/legendsnight.
· 610 Saturday - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for 610 Saturdays featuring live pregame broadcasts with 610 Sports Royals Insider Josh Vernier and special guests from the studio at Gate A in Left Field. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Food Special - pepperoni pizza rolls - for just $6.10 in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Follow 610 Sports Radio on Facebook for the coupon code to purchase special 610 discounted View Level tickets. For more information, visit www.royals.com/610Saturday.
Sunday, August 20 - Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· Cruise to The K Classic Car Show - The Royals will host the eighth-annual Cruise to The K Classic Car Show and Exhibit. Cars will be on display in Lot A throughout the day. Cruise to The K participants who purchased the sold-out ticket package will receive entrance into the contest, two tickets to the game, a parking pass, commemorative t-shirt and dash plaque for just $45. Fans who purchased a car show ticket package will also receive one voucher for Buy One, Get One Free admission to the Kansas City Auto Museum. Vouchers can be picked up the day of the event. For more information, contact Molly Wright at (816) 504-4162 or email@example.com.
· Family FunDay Sunday presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors - Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment plus face painters and caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. Fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs from select players by the Royals dugout. Following the game, kids 14 and under run the bases for free, presented by the Kansas City Zoo. For more information, visit www.royals.com/sunday.
Monday, August 21 - Off Day
Tuesday, August 22 - Colorado Rockies vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Golf Night presented by GreatLIFE KC - The first 10,000 fans through the gates will receive a Royals branded golf visor courtesy of GreatLIFE KC.
Wednesday, August 23 - Colorado Rockies vs. Royals, 7:15 p.m.
· Student Night presented by INK Magazine - Outfield Plaza or View Reserved tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $10. Select tickets are also available online at www.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. A special pregame Happy Hour, a hot dog and 12-ounce beer or 24-ounce soda for just $8, will be available at the Boulevard Hop Stop or Radler Station (located by the Outfield Experience stage) from the time gates open until 15 minutes before first pitch.
· Local Music Showcase presented by INK Magazine - Catch a free pregame concert on us! Every Wednesday Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing during this showcase will be The Phantastics. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Thursday, August 24 - Colorado Rockies vs. Royals, 1:15 p.m.
· GordoNation - Fans can enjoy being a part of GordoNation, a special seating section in left field reserved for die-hard Alex Gordon fans on Thursday home games throughout the season. Fans who purchase Theme Tickets for the event will receive a seat in the Outfield sections in left field, an Alex Gordon big head and the second of three Charlie Hustle brand GordoNation t-shirts (photo attached). This game will be the last event date for the 2nd t-shirt design. There will also be an Alex Gordon green screen photo opportunity for purchase. For details, visit www.royals.com/themetickets.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Price Chopper stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.