The Chicago White Sox announced entertainment and the following recommendations to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all fans attending the Crosstown Cup series vs. the Chicago Cubs at Guaranteed Rate Field on July 26-27.EntertainmentGame Times and Ticket InformationParking InformationPublic Transportation/RideshareBallpark Safety/Security
Fans should allow ample time for entering
The Chicago White Sox announced entertainment and the following recommendations to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all fans attending the Crosstown Cup series vs. the Chicago Cubs at Guaranteed Rate Field on July 26-27.
Game Times and Ticket Information
- Fans should allow ample time for entering Guaranteed Rate Field. In compliance with Major League Baseball policies, and similar to procedures at other major sports venues, all fans entering the ballpark are subject to walk-through metal detector screenings and bag searches. Fans WILL NOT be required to remove shoes, coins or belts; fans WILL be required to remove cell phones and cameras.
- Consistent with Illinois state law, Guaranteed Rate Field, along with all ballparks and other sporting venues in Illinois, are gun-free zones. It is illegal for anyone to enter or attempt to enter the ballpark with a firearm, regardless of permit. Additionally, no knives, pepper spray or weapons of any kind are allowed in the ballpark.
- In accordance with the City of Chicago ordinance, tobacco of any kind (including smokeless tobacco and electronic cigarettes) is prohibited in all areas of Guaranteed Rate Field. There is a designated smoking area outside of Gates 2 and 5. Those fans wishing to smoke must proceed to the ground level at the base of the ramps at Gates 2 and 5.
- Alcohol cannot be taken from the park or consumed on public ways, in observation of city regulations.
- Finally, the White Sox ask fans to be respectful of the neighborhood and homes surrounding the ballpark before and after games.