Marlins Opening Day and 1st homestand details announced
Fans encouraged to arrive early at Marlins Park; parking open at 1 p.m., all entrances open at 2 p.m.
Opening Day is just three weeks away, and the first details surrounding the opener and the first homestand for the Miami Marlins have been announced. Fans are encouraged to arrive early on Opening Day, with festivities starting on the West Plaza at 1:30 p.m. and all gates opening at 2 p.m. Parking will open at 1 p.m.; prepaid parking is available at Marlins.com/parking.
In the first homestand, the Marlins will host the Colorado Rockies from March 28 through March 31, and the New York Mets from April 1-3. Additional details surrounding Opening Day will be announced in the weeks to come; tickets are available at Marlins.com/tickets.
Opening Day details:
· Pregame festivities will begin in the West Plaza at 1:30 p.m.
· Opening Day ceremonies will begin at 3 p.m.
· The first 20,000 fans will receive a Car Flag presented by AutoNation and a Marlins 2019 Magnetic Schedule presented by Miccosukee
· Fans are invited to the inaugural postgame party at The 5th Base, a fan entertainment zone which was added to the West Plaza at Marlins Park last year
Opening Homestand details:
· The inaugural Party en el Parque Weekend (March 29-31)
o Little Havana Nights presented by Estrella Jalisco (March 29)
§ The party continues postgame with a live concert by Sol + The Tribu Band in The 5th Base
o Park Before Dark (March 30)
§ The first 10,000 fans will receive a Marlins Lapel Pin
§ Postgame fireworks
o Sunday Funday (March 31)
§ The first 5,000 fans ages 14 and younger will receive a Marlins Kids Ballcap presented by Aquafina
For more information on promotions and special events taking place during the upcoming homestand, please see attached file or visit Marlins.com.