The Orioles today announced plans to celebrate all Birdland moms on Sunday, May 8, as the Orioles take on the Kansas City Royals at 1:35 p.m. ET. As part of the celebration, the first 10,000 fans ages 15 and over will receive a Mother’s Day themed giveaway, and all fans will have the opportunity to purchase limited time concession items.
Mother’s Day festivities include:
- Orioles Floral Cap Giveaway: The first 10,000 fans ages 15 and over will receive an Orioles Floral Cap.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Maryland’s First Lady, YUMI HOGAN, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to Sunday’s game. First Lady Hogan has three daughters, Julie, Jaymi, and Kim, and four grandchildren.
- Mother’s Day Auction: Game-worn autographed and authenticated Mother’s Day caps will be available for purchase at Orioles.com/Auctions from Monday, May 9, at 5:00 p.m. to Sunday, May 15, at 10:00 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Community Initiatives: The Orioles donated tickets to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, the Red Devils, and the Brem Foundation for Sunday’s game. Each organization focuses on raising awareness for breast cancer, as well as improving the lives of those who are diagnosed.
- Mother’s Day Gear: All uniformed personnel will wear Mother’s Day themed caps and socks.
- Specialty Concession Items: The Orioles will offer limited time Mother’s Day themed concession items, including a specialty cupcake and specialty cocktails, on Sunday, May 8.
- Mother’s Day Floral Cupcakes: The sweet vanilla sponge cupcake with pink buttercream icing can be purchased at the B&O Market on Eutaw Street, the Birdland Markets on the main concourse, Dempsey’s Restaurant, and the Sweet Spot and Grab n’ Go, both located on the club level.
- Mother’s Day Cocktails: The specialty cocktails include a Strawberry Spritz made with rum and sparkling wine and a Pucker Up Limeade made with vodka, apple pucker, and lemon-lime soda. The limited time cocktails can be purchased at Dempsey’s Restaurant, Craft Cocktails on Eutaw Street, and the Frozen Bar located near Section 46.
- Women’s Gear: As part of the newly expanded women’s apparel line, the Orioles now offer a dedicated one-stop-shop for female fans located behind section 37, featuring gameday wear and everyday lifestyle apparel. The expanded women’s apparel line also features items from WEAR by Erin Andrews, Full Turn, Wild Collective, and Rustic Cuff.
Tickets for Sunday’s game are available starting as low as $15 and can be purchased at Orioles.com/Tickets. Fans can also take advantage of Kids Cheer Free, presented by Baltimore area Chick-fil-A restaurants. Kids Cheer Free, presented by Baltimore area Chick-fil-A restaurants, allows fans ages nine and younger to attend games at Oriole Park free of charge. For each regularly priced individual game Upper Deck ticket purchased, adults can add up to two additional free Upper Deck tickets valid for use only by children ages nine and under.