The Phillies return to Citizens Bank Park to host the Tampa Bay Rays for a two-game series on August 24-25. Here’s a look at some of the game highlights and promotions featured at the ballpark.
• Plus, Giovanni Hamilton, 13-year-old Philadelphia sports superfan, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch on behalf of Nemours.• Also happening: Vietnam veterans Arthur Steffen, Robert Steffen, Fred Ablett and Chris Hagen will be honored on-stage in Ashburn Alley as Rothman Hometown Heroes in the third inning.
2. Celebrate Philadelphia’s rich LGBTQ culture at the fifth annual Pride Night presented by The GIANT Company on Wednesday, August 25, at the 7:05 p.m. game. Plus, it’s Hatfield Phillies Franks Dollar Dog Night. All members of the LGBTQ community, as well as family, friends, and allies, are invited to come out and show their pride at the game.
• The Philadelphia Gay Men’s Chorus will perform the national anthem.
• NBC10 First Alert Meteorologist, Steve Sosna, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.• The Phillies Charities, Inc. 50/50 drawing, presented by DraftKings, on August 25, will benefit the Attic Youth Center and the AIDS Fund.• A Progress Pride flag will be flown in Ashburn Alley.• In honor of Pride Night, the Liberty Bell at Pass and Stow will be lit up in rainbow colors.
3. Bid on items signed by Bryce Harper, Aaron Nola, Zack Wheeler, and more, all part of the Phillies Charities, Inc. Auction! The auction is available via the MLB Ballpark App (iOS and Android devices only) and closes on Monday, August 30, at noon.
4. Another game highlight is the Toyota’s Frontline Heroes Phanatic Dance, taking place during the fifth inning of every game. Among the frontline workers participating are Dr. Pinak Acharya, Pulmonology, Critical Care Medicine at Doylestown Hospital, and Nish Kasbekar, Chief Pharmacy Officer at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center (Tuesday).
5. Enjoy great deals at the New Era Phillies Team Store! Starting on Tuesday, August 24, all adjustable caps will be buy one get one half off until Saturday, August 29 (while supplies last).
Other need-to-know information:
- Updated Health and Safety Guidelines: In accordance with the City of Philadelphia, the Phillies have reimplemented indoor mask mandates, regardless of vaccination status, for indoor spaces including the Diamond Club (except while actively eating or drinking), New Era Phillies Team Store, ’47 Alley Store, elevators, and restrooms. Fans who are unvaccinated are strongly encouraged to continue wearing masks at all times when attending a game at Citizens Bank Park.
- Pre-paid Parking: Fans driving to Citizens Bank Park are encouraged to order a pre-paid parking pass at Phillies.com. Tailgating lots (M & N) will open 5 hours prior to first pitch and non-tailgating lots will open 3 hours prior.
- Mobile Ticketing: Access your tickets in the free MLB Ballpark app before coming to the game. Apple users are strongly encouraged to add their tickets to the Apple Wallet. If you purchased tickets with the same email address used to log in to the Ballpark app, your tickets will automatically appear in the “Tickets Tab.” Once at Citizens Bank Park, connect to “FreePhilliesWiFi” to allow for a better experience. Have your ticket ready on your phone before going through the metal detectors.
- Broadcast: All games will be broadcast on NBCSP, 94 WIP and WTTM 1680, as well as available via live stream for authenticated subscribers on NBC Sports Philadelphia’s MyTeams app.
- Gate Openings: All gates open 90 minutes prior to game time.
- Fandom: Fans can stay informed by following @PhilliesCBP on Twitter and liking the official Citizens Bank Park Facebook page. Fans can also follow @Phillies on social media.