Since 2006, the Reds Community Fund has invested more than 4.5 million dollars building and primarily renovating neighborhood ball fields throughout Reds Country, including the 2015 All-Star Legacy Projects in Cincinnati, Dayton and Covington. Many of these projects represent collaborations with local municipalities and recreation departments. Each year, the Reds Community Fund provides an opportunity for communities and interested parties to apply for a one-time field renovation grant to support their home field.
2018 FIELD RENOVATION GRANT APPLICATION
The Reds Community Fund will evaluate your request based on the following key criteria:
- Create new or innovative ways of expanding and improving youth baseball or softball programs
- Improve the quality and increase the number of youth participating in baseball and softball programs
- Address opportunities for underserved youth
- Receive community support
- Reach a critical mass of youth in your community
In order to be considered for assistance you must provide photographs, site maps and/or additional narratives to highlight relevant information regarding your project needs. Project must include a minimum of one existing baseball field. Please note, incomplete applications will not be considered.
We will also evaluate each applicant's ability to demonstrate:
- Strong partnerships with other organizations, agencies, local business community and individuals with community support and leadership
- Thorough planning of the proposed project
- Commitment to increase youth participation in baseball and softball and to be inclusive in all areas of its program
- Ability to maintain and protect the community project via operational self-sufficiency as well as its ability to maintain community facilities and fields on an on-going basis
- Willingness and ability to provide complete and accurate information during the application and review process
GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS - TIMELINE
- All applications must be received in hand by January 15, 2018 in order to be considered. Applications may be mailed to 2026 E. Seymour Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45237 or emailed to email@example.com attention Gabrielle Pape.
- The receipt of the application will be confirmed via E-mail; please provide a reliable E-mail address that is checked regularly.
All applicants will receive written confirmation of the status of their application by February 15, 2018.