LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced plans for the creation of a new Centerfield Plaza and renovations to the Left and Right Field Pavilions as the club continues to enhance the Majors’ third-oldest ballpark with modern and fan-friendly amenities. These projects are expected to be completed in
LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced plans for the creation of a new Centerfield Plaza and renovations to the Left and Right Field Pavilions as the club continues to enhance the Majors’ third-oldest ballpark with modern and fan-friendly amenities. These projects are expected to be completed in time for the 2020 season, when the Dodgers will host Major League Baseball’s All-Star Game presented by Mastercard.
“Dodger Stadium has always been and remains the most beautiful place ever built to play or watch the game of baseball, and these renovations will enhance every aspect of the fan experience with modern and family-friendly amenities,” said Dodger President & CEO Stan Kasten. “This latest project continues to demonstrate ownership’s commitment to give a first-class experience to the best fans in baseball.”
The latest round of stadium improvements will include:
- Creation of Centerfield Plaza: The new Centerfield Plaza will create a stadium “front door” with almost two acres of unique food offerings, entertainment and kids areas, retail locations, sponsor activations, more social and standing room areas and greater access for those with special needs. A new kids play area will be constructed just beyond the wall in straight-away centerfield, and fans will be able to enjoy the game from on top of a newly-constructed batters eye wall. The new Centerfield Plaza will pay homage to Dodger history with statues and a permanent home for the “Legends of Dodger Baseball” plaques.
- Pavilion Renovations: Renovations to the Left and Right Field Pavilions will include new restrooms, enclosed bars with views into the bullpen, the creation of standing room areas at the top of each pavilion, enhanced ADA seating and “home run seats” just beyond the outfield wall.
- New Elevators and Bridges: Elevators are currently under construction in the Right and Left Field Plazas to help move fans easily to and from this new Centerfield Plaza. Additionally, bridges will be constructed to connect the new pavilion standing room decks to the rest of the stadium for a 360-degree connection around the park’s perimeter. These new elevators and bridges will also provide easier access to the Dodger Stadium Express stop in Lot G through the Centerfield Plaza.
- New Sound System: A new sound system will replace the current speaker tower and provide an enhanced audio experience to fans on all levels of the ballpark with more directed sound inside the stadium.
- Sandy Koufax Statue: The Dodgers will honor Hall of Fame left-handed pitcher Sandy Koufax with a statue, the second at Dodger Stadium following the dedication of the Jackie Robinson statue in 2017. Both statues will reside in the Centerfield Plaza, as the Robinson statue will be re-located from the Left Field Reserve.
“In 1955, I joined the Brooklyn Dodgers,” said Sandy Koufax. “It was my honor to be with Jackie Robinson in life. Now in Los Angeles, it is again my honor to be with him in bronze and to thank the Los Angeles fans for treating me so well on this journey.”
The Dodgers remain committed to modernizing Dodger Stadium, while also keeping with the midcentury modern architecture that defines their 1962 home. Under the ownership of Guggenheim Baseball Management since 2013, Dodger Stadium has undergone a series of fan-friendly improvements including the creation of two new entrance plazas on the field level, tiered seating and bar areas overlooking both bullpens, two new HD video screens, new team stores, wider concourses, renovated restrooms, enhanced concessions and kids play areas. There have also been structural and behind-the-scenes upgrades to Dodger Stadium’s infrastructure as well as the construction of new home and visiting clubhouses, batting cages and weight rooms.