In order to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests, the following security procedures are in place for this season:
- It is illegal to consume alcoholic beverages on the sidewalks or in the parking lots surrounding the ballpark. Anyone doing so is subject to arrest.
- Effective Monday, May 20, 2019, Backpacks are not permitted at Citi Field, however other bags such as purses, diaper bags that are not backpack-style, tote, drawstring, fully clear backpack-style bags with no obscured inner pockets and messenger style bags along with small soft-sided coolers are still permitted. Exceptions to this policy can be made for bags used for ADA/medical reasons by the Security Supervisor at each entry gate. All bags and hand-carried items are searched prior to entry. Items can be no larger than 16"x16"x8". There are no bag check facilities inside Citi Field.
- Glass bottles, all metal cans and containers, with the exception of reusable "Swell/Yeti" type metal, individual sized reusable water bottles (provided they are emptied), and hard-sided coolers are not permitted in Citi Field. Guests may bring in one, soft, plastic, factory-sealed water bottle of 20 ounces or less. Guests may also bring in one sealed, soft-sided child's juice box. Note: Water bottles and juice boxes may not be frozen.
- Alcoholic beverages and controlled or illegal substances may not be brought into Citi Field.
- Other prohibited items include; but are not limited to: commercial audio/visual equipment; laser pointers; noisemaking devices; fireworks; animals (except for service animals); and weapons.
- Intoxicated or disorderly fans will not be admitted into Citi Field.
- Disorderly fans inside Citi Field are subject to ejection and arrest.
- Fans interfering with play in any manner, including the throwing of objects onto the field or entering the field, are subject to ejection and arrest.
- Fans using foul or abusive language are subject to ejection and arrest.
- Fans are not permitted to enter or remain in Citi Field wearing verbally provocative or inflammatory clothing and are subject to ejection.
- Drones are not permitted inside the ballpark or parking lots at any time.
- Citi Field reserves the right to determine what items are deemed appropriate for entry.
Please note: Backpacks may not be brought into Citi Field except as otherwise provided in the Citi Field Bag Policy. For a complete list of permitted bags please click the Read More button below.