For Non-Profit & Charitable Organizations
The Mets provide complimentary tickets to 501(c)(3) charitable organizations through the Commissioner's Community Initiative and MLB & Players Give Back programs. Through these efforts, the Mets enhance the lives of underprivileged and at-risk youth, the medically dependent or disabled, and senior citizens. Applications are reviewed by the Mets Community Engagement Department and within two weeks you will receive an email notifying you if your application has been approved or denied. If approved, the email will include the game date(s) for which you have been awarded tickets along with pick-up information. Due to the high volume of requests, we are unable to accept follow-up calls or emails regarding the status of your request.
Community Ticket Program Guidelines below:
- Tickets cannot be used for raffle or fundraising purposes.
- Tickets must be used for the purpose outlined in the ticket request form.
- Tickets rewarded through this program cannot be resold. Organizations that resell any donated tickets will be permanently ineligible for the program.
- Once tickets are awarded, they cannot be exchanged for a different game.
- In the event that tickets are lost, they will not be replaced.
- Organizations unable to utilize their tickets must notify the Community Outreach department at least one (1) week prior to the game. Failure to notify will affect future ticket allotments.
- The Mets track ticket usage and mandate a 65% redemption rate. If ticket usage is less than 65%, the group/organization will not be eligible to receive tickets in the future.