Native of Hermosillo, Mexico...Was signed by Chicago White Sox scout Mark Bernstein as a non-drafted free agent.
- Finished 9th in Mexican League with a .332 batting average...Had 122 hits, including 19 home runs and 82 RBI, in 98 games for Mexico City Tigers.
- Began season with 25-game hitting streak, March 19-April 18, batting .449 (44-98)...Had 7 home runs and 25 RBI in that span.
- Homered in 5 straight games, April 1-6...Had 31 RBI in month of April, including five 4-RBI games.
- Was teammate of league batting champ Julio Franco, who made comeback with Atlanta at end of last season...They led Tigers to league-best 74-43 record and 2nd straight Mexican League title.
- In 3 seasons with Mexico City, had combined to bat .350 with 49 home runs and 217 RBI in 274 games.
Batted .354 with career-high 22 homers and 81 RBI for Mexican League champion Mexico City Tigers...Finished 11th in the league in batting...Played 120 games and had a career-best .399 on-base pct.
Was assigned to Mexico City Reds by Tampa Bay and batted .368 in 56 games...Drove in 54 runs and had a.569 slugging pct.
Spent 2nd season at Class A Winston-Salem...Finished 3rd on team wih 29 doubles...Was selected by Tampa Bay in the minor league phase of the Rule 5 draft following the season.
Batted .257 in first season with Class A Winston-Salem in Carolina League...Was 2nd on team in games, at bats, doubles, triples and RBI and tied for 2nd in home runs, trailing Carlos Lee in every category except triples.
Split season between Class A Hickory and South Bend...Combined to bat .249 (127-510) with 27 doubles, 4 triples, 4 homers and 54 RBI in career-high 134 games.
Began pro career with Gulf Coast White Sox...Led Sarasota-based team in at-bats and runs scored, was 2nd in games and stolen bases and tied for 2nd in hits and walks.