Progressive Field Information Progressive Field Ground Rules
Universal Ground Rules
The Commissioner's Office has issued the following Universal Ground Rules for use in all Major League ballparks this season. Ground Rules pertaining to individual parks are posted separately in those parks.
- Ball on the top step (lip) of the dugout is in play.
- No equipment is permitted to be left on the top step (lip) of the dugout. If a ball hits equipment left on the top step it is dead.
- A player is not permitted to step or go into a dugout to make a catch.
- A player is permitted to reach into a dugout to make a catch. If a player makes a catch outside the dugout and the player's momentum carries him into the dugout, then the catch is allowed and the ballis dead. See Rule5.09(a)(1) Comment.
- A batted ball in flight can be caught between or under railings and around screens.
- A catch may be made on the field tarp.
- Batted or thrown ball lodging in the rotating signage behind home plate or along first base or third base stands is out of play.
- Batted or thrown ball resting on the rotating signage behind home plate or along first base or third base stands is in play.
- The facings of railings surrounding the dugout and photographers areas are in play.
- Any cameras or microphones permanently attached on railings or along outfield walls are treated as part of the railings or outfield walls and are in play.
- Any recessed railings or poles that are in the dugout and photographers areas are out of play and should be marked with red to mark them out of play.
- Robotic cameras or audio equipment attached to the facing of the backstop screen are considered part of the screen.
- A batted ball striking the backstop camera or audio equipment is considered a dead ball.
- A thrown ball striking the backstop camera or audio equipment is considered in play.
- A ball striking the guy wires that support the backstop is a dead ball.
- A ball lodging behind or under canvas on field tarp is out of play.
- A ball striking the field tarp and rebounding onto the playing field is in play.
- No chairs can be brought out of the dugout or bullpen and onto the playing field.
- All yellow lines are in play.
Progressive Field Ground Rules
- Thrown or pitched ball striking netting in front of Dugout Suites, Dugouts and Camera Pits and caroming back onto the playing field: In Play.
- Thrown or pitched ball striking netting attached to the flat area/roof of Dugout Suites, Dugouts and Camera Pits: Out of Play
- Thrown or pitched ball striking overhead net at home plate camera pit: Out of Play.
DUGOUT AND PHOTOGRAPHERS' AREAS:
- Ball striking roofs or color facings of dugouts, camera pits or diamond suites: Out of Play.
- Fair bounding ball striking the angled rails along walls in foul territory: In Play.
- Batted ball in flight striking the higher wall at a point above the lower wall and bounding over the lower wall: Home Run.
- Batted ball in flight striking the flat area in front of right field seating area and beyond right field wall: Home Run.
Inside Progressive Field