On July 8, 2019, the Jim Thome All-Star Complex at Brookside Reservation was officially unveiled to the public. The complex featured a new, completely artificially-turfed field as well as new dugouts to be used by the Cleveland Metropolitan School District high school baseball teams, the City of Cleveland Recreation League, Cleveland Baseball Federation RBI teams and other youth baseball leagues. The project was fueled by donations from Major League Baseball, Hall of Famer and former Indians star Jim Thome, Cleveland Indians Charities, the City of Cleveland, Mayor Frank G. Jackson, the Cleveland Metroparks, The Motz Group, Lowe’s, Sports Specialties and BSN Sports. Doosan Bobcat also donated machinery to help complete the renovations.
The Indians’ 2019 All-Star Week festivities also featured the unveiling of a new field at Luke Easter Park. The renovations included installation of a new artificially-turfed field, dugouts and bleachers. In addition, a shock absorption pad from Brock was installed in the outfield to make the field a multi-sport space, suitable for soccer and football to be played in the outfield. The new field will be used by the Cleveland Metropolitan School District high school baseball & softball teams, City of Cleveland Recreation programs, Cleveland Baseball Federation RBI teams and other youth baseball & softball leagues. The project was fueled by donations from Major League Baseball, Cleveland Indians Charities, the City of Cleveland, Mayor Frank G. Jackson, The Motz Group, Lowe’s, Sports Specialties, BSN Sports, the Saint Luke’s Foundation and the Cleveland Foundation. Doosan Bobcat also donated machinery to help complete the renovations.
On May 18, 2017, we completely renovated the baseball field at Halloran Park on W. 117th street. The Motz Group regraded the field, and volunteers painted fencing poles, installed dugout benches and gave other areas a fresh coat of paint. Yan and Jenna Gomes sponsored this field project.
The 2016 Field for the Future project was held at Gunning Park on May 12. Yan and Jenna Gomes donated a concrete walkway, dugout benches and a concession stand. More than 50 front office staff members volunteered to complete paining and landscaping project to beautify the park.
On April 16, 2015, the Cleveland Indians renovated Luke Easter Park Field #3 in the Kinsman neighborhood on Cleveland's east side. The Motz Group regraded the field, and volunteer projects included painting, bleacher construction and more. According to the City of Cleveland, field usage improved tremendously after the renovation - a 367% increase in usage to be exact!
Cleveland Indians Charities provides up to 5 organizations annually with a $5,000 grant to improve the quality of a baseball field in Northeast Ohio.
Interested in applying for a Diamond Improvement Grant to improve your baseball facilities? Click here for application guidelines and materials.
- Beaumont High School
- Gordon Park (Cleveland Baseball Federation)
- Kenston Baseball Association
- Edwards Park (Lakewood Foundation)
- Parma Amateur Athletic Federation
- Parma City School District
- Chardon Township Park
- Dillonvale Little League
- Firelands High School
- Green Baseball/Softball Federation
- Morgana Little Leagues
- Medina Youth Baseball
- It's For the Kids (Nankin, OH)
- North Ridgeville Cirty Baseball Boosters
- Huntsburg Youth Baseball
- Austintown Girls Softball League
- Tallmadge Little League
- Lyndurst Dad's Club
- Donald N. Payne Recreation Complex
- Chagrin Falls High School
- City of Bedford Recreation Department
- Garfield Heights Softball Booster Club
- Edgewood Community Center
- East Cleveland Baseball Charities
- Concord Girls Softball League
- St. Martin De Porres High School
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights High school
- Alliance Hot Stove Baseball
- Middlefield Recreation Department
- Garfield Heights Girls Softball Booster Club
- Project Play Ball (Ashtabula, Ohio)
- Boardman Community Baseball
- Fostoria Foundation
- Twinsburg Baseball League
- Firelands Athletic Boosters
- Forest Hills Park
- Walton Hills Diamond
- Edinburg Township Fire Department
- Bohlken Park
- Normandy Baseball Boosters
- Calvin Park
- Wellington Athletic Boosters
- Gallion Field Renovation
- Concord Youth Baseball League
- Parkside Park