• On Friday morning, Indians manager Terry Francona had a meeting with executive vice president of baseball operations Joe Torre, umpires supervisor Steve Palermo, and senior vice president of standards and on-field operations Joe Garagiola Jr. They went over some Major League Baseball rule changes, including the now illegal fake-to-third, throw-to-first move for pitchers.
"We just went over the balk move," Francona said. "It's a really good idea what they do -- spend maybe 45 minutes and you're allowed to ask questions. It's just some clarifications on things. It's a good idea. When Joe Torre walks in a room, that in itself is a good idea."
• The Indians have split-squad contests against the Reds at home in Goodyear and against the Brewers on the road in Maryvale, Ariz., on Sunday. Francona and third-base coach Brad Mills are planning on heading with the team on the road. At home, bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. will manage, and first-base coach Mike Sarbaugh will handle third-base coaching duties.
• The Indians have added a Michael Bourn replica jersey to this season's promotional giveaway schedule. Bourn jerseys will be handed out on Sept. 7, when Cleveland hosts the Mets. Other replica jersey giveaways this season include Jason Kipnis (June 15), Michael Brantley (July 27) and Nick Swisher (Aug. 24).
• Indians' single-game tickets go on sale Monday, beginning at 10 a.m. ET. Fans will be able to purchase tickets on indians.com or by calling 216-420-HITS (4487). The April 8 home opener against the Yankees is nearly sold out.
• The proceeds from Friday's Cactus League game between the Indians and Reds will benefit Arizona in Action (aimed at educating and motivating people of all ages toward living healthier lifestyles) and Homeless Youth Connection (aimed at helping homeless teenagers).