• Jeremy Bonderman is scheduled to start Monday's game against the Angels in Peoria, his first game as he attempts to come back from arm problems that have sidelined him since 2010. Hisashi Iwakuma will start Tuesday when the Mariners play their first road game of the spring against the Brewers in Maryvale, with Joe Saunders pitching in that game as well, as he makes his Mariners debut.
• Monday's game is not on the radio, one of the few Cactus League games not available. This week's games on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be broadcast on a delayed basis on 710 ESPN Seattle at 7 p.m. PT, but will be streamed live for free on Mariners.com. The three weekend games, Friday-Sunday, are back live on 710 ESPN.
• ROOT Sports will televise six Cactus League games this spring, the first coming Monday, March 4, against the Rockies at 12:05 p.m. PT (12:05 p.m. PT).
• Dustin Ackley and Brendan Ryan will see their first Cactus League action Monday when the Mariners host the Angels. The two are being brought back slowly from offseason surgeries, with Ackley having bone spurs removed from his left ankle and Ryan having a similar procedure on his right elbow.
• The Mariners will throw their top two young pitching prospects back-to-back in Wednesday's game against the Indians in Goodyear. Left-hander Danny Hultzen will start that 12:05 p.m. PT game, followed by right-hander Taijuan Walker. It will be the second appearance of the spring for both.