- Franklyn Benjamin Gracesqui (pronounced gruh-SESS-kee) attended George Washington High School in
New York... he currently resides in New York... was scouted and selected by Charles Aliano (Blue Jays).
The left-hander made his Major League debut on April 29 at San Francisco and recorded a save as he struck out the only batter he faced in the ninth inning ... Was bothered by arm trouble and appeared in 19 games at Triple-A Albuquerque, going 1-0 with a 3.27 ERA and one save.
- Spent his first season in the Marlins system, with AA Carolina, and went 3-3 with a 2.48 ERA and a
career-best five saves in 44 games... allowed a .211 opponent batting average, including .145 to LHH and
.243 to RHH... did not allow an extra-base hit to any LHH and did not allow a home run during the season
- Began the season with a 1.65 ERA in his first 11 games, from April 4-May 6... allowed four runs (three earned)
over 16.1 IP... saw his ERA rise to 3.16 over seven games (May 9-29), allowing six earned runs in 9.1 IP.
- Posted a season-best eight straight scoreless appearances, from June 1-July 2, covering 10.2 innings...
allowed four hits and four walks with 14 strikeouts over that span... overall, lowered his ERA from 3.16 to 2.48
over his final 26 games, allowing seven earned runs in 32.1 innings, a 1.95 ERA.
- Was 0-0 with four saves in his first 26 games before suffering a three-game losing streak over five games
pitched (7.20 ERA), from July 3-20... concluded 2003 with a 3-0 record and one save in his final 13 games.
- Fanned 75 batters in 58.0 innings, an average of 11.64 strikeouts per nine innings... struck out 18 batters in
his first seven games (11.0 IP) and had 19 strikeouts over a nine-game stretch (July 17-August 14),
covering 11.1 innings... had a season-high five strikeouts in 2.0 innings on August 5 at Tennessee.
- Went 0-2 with a 4.38 ERA in 17 games (one start) for Escogido in the Dominican League in the offseason.
- Combined for a 6-3 record with a 3.91 ERA in 51 combined games with AA Tennessee and Class A Dunedin
in 2002... began the year at AA and had a 6.38 ERA in his first 21 games... posted a 2.41 ERA in his final 20
contests... fanned 48 in 42.2 innings, including a season-high five batters on May 31 at Greenville and June
28 vs. Mobile... won three of his four AA games over a six-game span, from May 31-June 12... had his lone
save on April 18 vs. Huntsville (1.2 IP, 1 BB, 2 SO)... had a 2.49 ERA at Dunedin... allowed two runs in his first
game (0.2 IP vs. Sarasota on August 1)... had a 1.71 ERA in his final nine games, including a
season-best 3.2 innings pitched twice (win on August 16 at Sarasota and ND on August 31 at Tampa).
- Opened the 2001 season with Charleston in the South Atlantic League (2-8, 3.17) and went 0-7 with a 3.77
ERA and one save (July 27 at Hickory) before collecting his first win on August 6 (Game 2 of DH) at
Lakewood (3.0 IP), as he fanned a season-best seven and allowed one hit... defeated Ashville on August 20,
tossing 3.1 scoreless innings in his season finale... tossed four scoreless outings with Dunedin, including a
win on September 2 vs. Sarasota.
- Had a 2.63 ERA in eight games (four starts) with Medicine Hat in 2000, including a 1.29 ERA in 14.0 innings
of relief...was 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA as a starter... joined Hagerstown and was 0-1 with a 15.43 ERA as a starter
and 0-0 with a 0.00 ERA in 5.0 relief innings.
- Went 2-3 with a 5.05 ERA in 15 games (10 starts) in his second season with St. Catherines in 1999... had a
0.69 ERA in his first six appearances (13.0 IP)... fanned a season-high seven on 5.0 shutout innings in a win
over Mahoning Valley on August 11.
- Struck out 19 batters in 16.1 innings in 1998, his rookie season with St. Catherines.