Target Field Station in Minneapolis’ North Loop neighborhood is the city’s state-of-the-art multi-modal transportation hub and grand public space. Sitting at the doorstep of Target Field Stadium, the station is the “Grand Central Station” of the Twins Cities, designed to inspire a civic identity and community pride in its mix of uses, central location, iconic, and purposeful design.
At the corner of 5th St. N. and 5th Ave. N. in downtown the public space has been designed to support a variety of activities, ensuring maximum use and comfort. Target Field Station includes –
- The Great Lawn, a 7,200 sq. ft. green stage providing opportunities for large pre-games events, community concerts, seasonal events, ideal spot to meet for lunch or relax with a book, as well as a space for individual activities.
- 286 underground parking garage and connects to several bus lines, bike trails, and the NiceRide bike share system.
- Custom bicycle racks double as transit-themed art around the station
- An amphitheater space for up to 1,000 people that used Mesabi granite for a trio of murals that provides a world-class backdrop for the amphitheater
- Located on top the station’s elevator core, a beautiful video board is easily seen from the amphitheater or the great lawn. It broadcasts Minnesota Twins game, movies, and can be used for special events
This one-of-a-kind destination connects 500 trains daily via the METRO Blue and Green lines, Northstar Commuter Rail, and miles of bike and walking trials. The Minnesota Twins, Metro Transit and Hennepin County offer programming and special events throughout the year.
All events are FREE and open to the public. For current listing of events or to host an event – please contact 612.659.3847.