1. Collection of Information
"Personal Information" is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address, birth date and gender. We collect Personal Information through a variety of means, including:
- Ticket sales and programs;
- Merchandise sales;
- Charitable programs;
- Fan loyalty programs; and
2. Use of Personal Information
The Club uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the goods, services and programs that you have requested from us (together, the "Requested Services") and to communicate with you in respect of the Requested Services (including, for example, invoicing, changes/enhancements and renewals);
- Unless you request otherwise, to provide you with Club-related marketing materials and information that may be of interest to you, including, for example, special offers (e.g. new ticket programs or merchandise availability), promotions and event news;
- Unless you request otherwise, to provide you with marketing materials and information in respect of our corporate partners and/or sponsors, including, for example, special offers, promotions and event news;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by the Club, to administer the contest or promotion, in accordance with its rules and applicable laws; and
- To satisfy other reasonable, legitimate business interests (such as collecting outstanding debts).
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
The Club will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties and/or affiliates:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a specified purpose;
- Who are acting on our behalf as agents, suppliers or service providers, and solely to enable us to provide you with the goods, services, programs, contests, promotions and information that you have requested or otherwise consented to or to improve upon the foregoing. These entities act on behalf of the Club in these circumstances and are required to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information. Certain of these entities may be located outside of Canada and therefore your Personal Information may be stored and processed outside Canada and may be subject to the laws of other jurisdictions;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by the Club, to administer the contest or promotion, in accordance with its rules;
- Within the Rogers group of companies, to develop and customize products or services to better meet your needs and preferences and to offer you products and services. You can view the Rogers Group of Companies (Rogers) Commitment to Privacy at http://www.rogers.com/web/content/Commitment-to-Privacy. If you do not wish to receive offers from the Rogers group of companies, please contact us at the address below.
- As part of a corporate reorganization, merger, sale or amalgamation with another entity, or a sale of all of substantially all of the Club's assets. Personal Information will be among the business assets transferred in these circumstances; and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of any Club policies, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
5. Electronic Communications and bluejays.com
We will communicate with you by way of email and other forms of electronic communication only if you have consented to us doing so or if such electronic communications otherwise comply with Canada's anti-spam laws.
6. National Do Not Call List
Since September 30, 2008, Canadians have had the ability to limit telemarketing calls they receive by adding their home, mobile, VoIP or fax number to the National Do Not Call List (see http://www.crtc.gc.ca/ENG/dncl.htm for more information). Once registered, your specified phone number will be removed from many telemarketing lists within thirty one (31) days for a period of three (3) years.
7. Contact Us
Mailing Address: Rogers Blue Jays Baseball Partnership, Privacy Administrator, One Blue Jays Way, Suite 3200, Toronto, ON M5V 1J1
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Notification of Changes
Last Updated and Effective Date: July 1, 2014