March 16, 2020
We are aware of Commissioner Robert Manfred’s decision to delay the start of the 2020 MLB regular season in accordance with the recommendations from the CDC of restricting events of 50 or more people for at least the next eight weeks. We fully support the decision as the safety of our community, fans and our employees/uniformed staff is of the utmost importance.
We will provide further details as soon as we have more clarity from MLB on the status of the start of our season.
Important Update: As of March 16, the Cleveland Indians front office at Progressive Field is currently closed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and staff is working remotely. Fan Service Representatives are standing by to take your call Monday thru Friday from 9AM-5PM ET at 216-420-HITS.
As of March 17th
When will the season start?
- We are hopeful to get back on the field soon, but will follow the direction of our local and national public health and government officials in coordination with Major League Baseball. We will provide more information as we know more.
When will Opening Day be?
- At this time we do not have any further details regarding the start of our season. All I can tell you is that we will be delaying Opening Day by at least eight weeks. MLB will continue to reassess the COVID-19 situation in the United States on a regular basis. As we receive more information we will let you know.
Can I get a refund for the tickets that I purchased?
- We appreciate and understand your concerns; however, at present, there are no plans to cancel any regular season games. Though we won’t be starting the season on schedule, at this time MLB intends for all scheduled games to be played. We will continue to monitor the situation along with Major League Baseball and appreciate your patience and understanding. As soon as we learn a game is cancelled and not rescheduled by MLB, we will offer fan-friendly value options to either exchange cancelled games or receive a refund.
Opening Day has already been cancelled why won’t you give me my money back?
- At this point there have been no announcements regarding the adjusted schedule for the regular season schedule. Once we receive more information we will let you know what the specific plans are regarding any potential missed or rescheduled games.
When will I be receiving more information?
- At this time we don’t have a specific timeframe for additional information. We will be communicating additional information as we receive it.
Can I/Should I exchange my tickets for the first two weeks of the season?
- All ticket management has been put on hold until we have more information regarding the start of the 2020 season. Please contact us at 216-420-HITS if you have any additional questions.
Are you adjusting your autograph policy?
- We will address when we have a better understanding of the situation when the season begins.
What are precautionary steps are you taking?
- The safety of our fans and our employees is of the utmost importance to us. In close coordination with Major League Baseball, we have established an internal working group that is closely monitoring and planning for any potential impacts of COVID-19 and are following the recommended guidelines put forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and our local health and government agencies.
- We have had regular communications with our front office employees, scouts, players and event staff to educate them on CDC protocols related to hygiene, travel, staying home if they are feeling ill and overall safety precautions.
- Major League Baseball has also made public health experts available to clubs to educate us on best practices. Our medical staff have held educational sessions with our Major and Minor League players, which was also shared with front office staff.
- We plan to increase additional hand sanitizer stations for our fans and provide public awareness messaging promoting good hygiene practices at Progressive Field.
- We have enhanced our rigorous cleaning processes by increasing deep cleaning schedules at all of our facilities – with a particular focus on high traffic and common areas.
- We are in close communication with our foodservice provider Delaware North Sportservice who are addressing this situation to ensure the safety of our fans.