Washington Nationals Bag Policy
The Washington Nationals have updated our policy to require clear bags for any bag larger than a clutch. This new policy, in connection with CEIA OpenGate technology at all Nationals Park entrances, will allow guests to access the ballpark quickly while maintaining the high security and safety standards of our facility.
Any bag larger than a clutch must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC. Fans with diaper or medical bags may use ADA/Family lanes at the Center Field and Home Plate gates.
Fans no longer need to remove jackets or items from their pockets. Fans with clear bags will not need to have their bags searched.
Binbox is available for fans whose bags do not comply with ballpark regulations. Binbox will be positioned outside Right Field Gate and Home Plate Gate; they will be in position two hours prior to first pitch and will remain in position one hour after last pitch. Guests may choose between a medium or a large locker to check their belongings. Security personnel will be in position at both Binbox locations, and Binbox staff will be onsite at each location to troubleshoot any website/app issues for purchases.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 16” by 16” by 8” (e.g., clear tote bags, one-gallon plastic freezer bag (i.e., Ziploc bag), etc.); provided, however that buckles, grommets, hardware or other décor may not conceal any part of the bag.
- Small non-clear clutch bags measuring 5” by 7” by ¾” or smaller, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the ballpark with one of the clear plastic bag options described above.
- Fans with diaper or medical bags may use ADA/Family lanes at the Center Field and Home Plate gates
- Any non-clear bag larger than 5” by 7” by ¾”; provided, however, that on the day of purchase, non-clear bags larger than 5” by 7” by ¾” purchased during the game or event inside the Nationals Baseball Stadium Complex* will be tagged and permitted for that day only;
- Backpacks (including, without limitation, clear backpacks); provided, however, that on the day of purchase, backpacks purchased during the game or event inside the Nationals Baseball Stadium Complex* will be tagged and permitted for that day only;
- Soft-sided coolers, hard coolers or ice chests;
- Drawstring bags;
- Luggage of any kind;
- Computer bags;
- Camera bags; and
- Any clear or non-clear bag larger than 16” by 16” by 8”.
- See the full list of prohibited items in the Nationals Guest Conduct Policy, available at Nationals Guest Conduct Policy
Exceptions may be made for diaper bags and other bags used for medical reasons. For season plan holders, these exceptions may be requested at all season plan holder gates.
*The Nationals Baseball Stadium Complex is defined in the Nationals Guest Conduct Policy as the area bounded by N Street SE, Potomac Avenue SE, South Capitol Street SE and First Street SE.