Nationals Community Ticket Grant Program Information
Since the inaugural season in 2005, the Nationals have provided complimentary tickets to hundreds of community groups and charities. Many people who would not have been able to attend a game on their own have enjoyed Nationals baseball because of the partnership between the Nationals and area nonprofit groups.
Community groups and charities are granted tickets based on the organization's mission, the individuals they serve and their ability to fully utilize any donated tickets.
Who can apply for the Community Ticket Grant Program?
- 501(c)(3) charities and community groups that serve individuals in the greater Washington, D.C. area that for various reasons do not have the resources to attend a game on their own.
Are there any limitations and restrictions?
- Ticket requests should be for a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 250 people per game.
- Each group may apply for as many as three games each year, including a maximum of one weekend game (Friday-Sunday). Groups cannot receive more than one game in a single month. There is no guarantee that any game will be awarded.
What are the rules?
- Ticket usage is tracked and groups must use no less than 80% of the tickets in order to receive future games.
- Applications must be received one month prior to the earliest game requested in order to be considered for a Community Ticket Grant.
- Once tickets are awarded, they cannot be exchanged for a different game.
- In the event that the tickets are lost, they cannot be replaced.
- Tickets awarded through the grant program cannot be resold. Charities that resell any donated tickets will be permanently disqualified from the program.
What is the process? How do I know if my group is granted tickets?
- You must complete all parts of the application. Submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are reviewed by the Nationals Community Relations staff. Approval and seating location will be determined by what is available at the time your application is reviewed.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with the game date(s) for which you have been awarded tickets. Actual tickets will not be available at the time of initial notification.
- You will receive a second email from firstname.lastname@example.org when your tickets are available for pick-up.
- Groups must make arrangements to pick up their tickets at Nationals Park with a valid photo I.D. in advance of the game.
What else do I need to know about tickets granted to my charity?
- You may enter through any gate.
- With your game ticket, you are eligible to receive any promotions that may be given away, provided you meet other specific giveaway criteria (i.e. one of the first 15,000 people at the game).
Thank you for your interest in the Nationals Community Ticket Grant Program. We look forward to working with you!