Community Ticket Grants
Since the inaugural season in 2005, the Nationals have provided complimentary tickets to thousands of community groups and charities. Many people who would not have been able to attend a game on their own have enjoyed Nationals baseball because of the partnership between the Nationals and area nonprofit groups.
Community groups and charities are granted tickets based on the organization's mission, the individuals they serve, and their ability to fully utilize any donated tickets.
Nationals Community Ticket Grant Program Information
The Washington Nationals have a limited amount of complimentary tickets available, and not all groups who apply will be awarded grants. Groups must use at least 80 percent of the tickets awarded in order to be considered for future games.
Who can apply for the Community Ticket Grant Program?
- Education entities, 501(c)(3) organizations, and charitable community groups that:
- Are located in the greater Washington, D.C. area and
- Serve individuals who for various reasons do not have the resources to attend a game on their own.
• At least 50 percent of ticket recipients should be low-income or underserved individuals or families.
Are there any limitations and restrictions?
- Ticket requests should be for a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 250 people per game.
- Each group may apply for as many as three games each year, including a maximum of one weekend game (Friday-Sunday).
- Groups cannot receive tickets to more than one game in a single month.
- There is no guarantee that any game will be awarded.
What are the rules?
- Ticket usage is tracked and groups must use at least 80% of the tickets in order to receive future games.
- Applications must be received one month prior to the earliest game requested in order to be considered for a Community Ticket Grant.
- Once tickets are awarded, they cannot be exchanged for a different game.
- In the event that the tickets are lost, they cannot be replaced.
- Tickets awarded through the grant program cannot be resold. In the event that any of your tickets are resold, the group will be permanently disqualified from the program.
What is the process? How do I know if my group is granted tickets?
- You must complete all parts of the application.
- Applications are reviewed by the Nationals Community Relations staff. Approval and seating location will be determined by what is available at the time your application is reviewed.
- You will receive an email from [email protected] with the game date for which you have been awarded tickets. Actual tickets will not be available at the time of initial notification.
- You will receive a second email from [email protected] when your tickets are available.
What else do I need to know about tickets granted to my charity?
- You may enter through any gate.
- With your game ticket, you are eligible to receive any promotions that may be given away, provided you meet other specific giveaway criteria (i.e. one of the first 15,000 people at the game).
Thank you for your interest in the Nationals Community Ticket Grant Program. We look forward to working with you! Please fill out the Community Ticket Grant Application below.