In light of the postponement of the 2020 Major League Baseball season and the CDC's latest guidelines that restrict large gatherings, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend requests for donations at this time. Please continue to check this page for any updates.
The Washington Nationals are happy to help military and nonprofit organizations located within the Greater Washington, D.C. area in support of their fundraising efforts through in-kind donations. Because a few hundred requests are received each month, we ask that you please follow our guidelines in order to be considered.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Only requests submitted online to nationals.com/donations will be reviewed. Mailed, faxed or e-mailed requests will not be accepted.
- Requests must be received by Community Relations at least 6 weeks in advance of the date of the event.
- Be prepared to provide a brief explanation of the event, including date, contact name, contact email, contact phone number, complete mailing address and the organization's Federal Tax ID number.
- Incomplete requests will not be considered.
- Please do not submit duplicate requests.
Other Pertinent Information
- Donation requests are filled with memorabilia or game tickets.
- Approved requests are usually filled within 30 days of the event date. Requests received with long lead times may not be filled right away but kept in our files for fulfillment approximately 30 days from the event date.
- Due to the vast number of donation appeals received, we have to limit our donations to organizations within the Greater Washington, D.C. area.
- Our goal is to assist as many groups as possible with donations. Because we receive thousands of requests every year we can only donate to individual organizations once in a given year.
- We are unable to donate to for-profit companies -- including employee appreciation days/holiday events.
- We are unable to make monetary donations, purchase program ads, sponsor golf holes, or buy tables at banquets.
- Placing follow-up calls about donation requests may be difficult due to the volume of solicitations we receive.
- If you have provided us with the proper advance notice, your event is within one to two weeks, and you have not received a response please call the Nationals Community Relations department at 202-640-7706.
Nationals' front office personnel are unable to intervene on behalf of fans seeking autographs for charitable purposes by accepting items via mail or in person for delivery to players.
Please go to the following link to submit your donation request: nationals.com/donationform.
Washington Nationals Bag Policy
Please note: Backpacks may not be brought into Nationals Park except as otherwise provided in the Nationals Bag Policy. For a complete list of permitted bags and details about the Binbox storage option please click the Read More button below.