• Second baseman Aaron Hill took 40 swings hitting off a tee on Saturday. Hill is recovering from a fracture in his left hand. The club is hopeful he'll be able to hit off live pitching by next weekend.
• Right-hander Daniel Hudson, who is recovering from Tommy John surgery, is scheduled to make his first rehab start on Tuesday with Double-A Mobile.
If all goes well, Hudson will pitch for Mobile again June 10. Given that schedule, the quickest Hudson could return would be sometime in mid-June.
• Closer J.J. Putz, who is on the disabled list with a strained right elbow, is scheduled to throw his first flat-ground sessions this week and possibly off a mound next weekend.
• Triple-A Reno shortstop Chris Owings has 84 hits this year, more than any other batter in pro ball. The Tigers' Miguel Cabrera is second with 81. Owings has hit in 19 straight games.
• Double-A Mobile right-hander Archie Bradley has a 1.01 ERA combined between Mobile and Class A Visalia, second-best in the Minors. He's 4-1 with a 0.79 ERA in six starts for Mobile. His 80 strikeouts tie him for second in the Minors.