Third to first
• Jose Quintana will start Wednesday afternoon's game against the Giants, with the White Sox having the chance to bring him back on regular rest because of Monday's scheduled off-day. Scott Carroll, who has dealt with blister problems of late, will be skipped Wednesday and return to the rotation during the next homestand.
• Adam Dunn broke an 0-for-19 skid with two singles in his first two at-bats during Sunday's loss.
• Ventura had high praise for closer Jake Petricka, who picked up his eighth save Saturday night.
"I don't think anybody has grown as much bullpen-wise as Jake has," Ventura said of the right-hander's in-season development.
• Tyler Danish, who threw six no-hit innings for Class A Winston-Salem on Saturday night, has a 4-1 record with a 0.81 ERA and 40 strikeouts in 44 2/3 innings over his last eight starts.
• The White Sox have lost 12 games this season after holding a lead of two or more runs in the sixth inning or later, including three when they led by four-plus runs in the eighth.