• Washington said he's going to stay with outfielder Leonys Martin through his recent struggles. Washington said he has all the physical abilities, but his decision making needs to improve. Martin was charged with an error in Saturday's 4-1 loss to the Royals in 10 innings.
• Washington felt infielder Jurickson Profar wasn't intimidated during his at-bat on Saturday in the ninth with two on and two out in a tie game. Profar fouled off two pitches before he popped up in foul territory on the fourth pitch.
• The Rangers' one run in 10 innings on Saturday, matching their lowest total in an extra-inning game at Rangers Ballpark. It's occurred five times, resulting in a 1-4 record. The last time it happened before Saturday was on Sept. 15, 2006, against the Angels.
• The Rangers lost the lead on a bases-loaded hit by pitch in the 10th inning on Saturday. The last time that happened in the ninth inning or later was on July 20, 2002, at Oakland.
• Lance Berkman was ejected on Saturday in the first inning. It was his ninth career ejection and the first since July 12, 2012, when he was with the Cardinals.
• Texas announced on Sunday that right-hander Alexi Ogando is slated to start on Wednesday against the Red Sox. Washington said Ogando was given the go-ahead to start after Sunday's bullpen session went well. It will be Ogando's first start since being placed on the 15-day disabled list on May 16 with biceps tendinitis. Justin Grimm will start the series opener on Tuesday and Derek Holland will start on Thursday in the series finale.